Razvan is a solicitor in the Intellectual Property team.
Razvan's work covers the full range of intellectual property rights, such as copyright, trade mark, design right, patents and protection of confidential information.
Razvan's litigation experience has focused predominantly on claims arising from infringement, passing off, or breach of confidence, but he also has experience with validity challenges at the UK Intellectual Property Office. His practice includes drafting correspondence, applications, statements of case, witness statements and other documents. In addition to the UK IPO, Razvan has worked on matters before the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court, High Court, and Company Names Tribunal.
In terms of non-contentious matters, Razvan's work includes drafting agreements, and advising clients in relation to IP aspects of their transactions.
Razvan assisted the European Commission with research on the "Study in support of the evaluation of Directive 96/9/EC on the legal protection of databases" and "An Empirical Analysis of the Design Case Law of the EU Member States".
Examples of notable cases:
- Geofabrics Ltd v Fiberweb Geosynthetics Ltd  EWHC 2363 (Pat): a patent damages inquiry case where the claimant was awarded £13.4 million in damages
- Penhallurick v MD5 Ltd  EWCA Civ 1770: an appeal relating to ownership of software in employment matters
- Fresh Asia Foods Ltd v Lu  EWHC 638 (Ch): a breach of confidence matter in the marketing industry
- Invista Textiles (UK) Ltd & Anor v Botes & Ors  EWHC 58 (Ch) a breach of confidence matter involving complex biochemistry points
- Fresh Asia Foods Ltd v Lu  EWHC 3644 (Ch): a landmark decision on when to grant interim injunctions
- Link Up Mitaka Ltd (t/a Thebigword) v Language Empire Ltd & Anor  EWHC 2728 (IPEC): a record breaking costs award in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Case on the enforcement of a trade mark against cybersquatter
- Argos Ltd v Argos Systems Inc  EWCA Civ 2211: leading decision on targeting relating to trade mark infringement.
- Derclaye, E "To what extent is the parody exception truly harmonised? An empirical analysis of the Member States' case law post-Deckmyn"IPQ 2023, 2, 59-85
- Derclaye, E "An Empirical Analysis of the Design Case Law of the EU Member States" (2019) IIC 685-719
- European Commission "Study in Support of the Evaluation of the Database Directive" 25 April 2018.