The Womble Bond Dickinson regulatory team is experienced across the full spectrum of UK, US and EU antitrust and competition law, international trade and related regulations, environment, health and safety regulation and product compliance law.
We also have deep experience in heavily regulated industries such as gaming, communications, technology and media, as well as the chemicals and pharmaceuticals, automotive, and transport and infrastructure sectors.
We help companies establish compliance programs and conduct internal investigations in all those areas. Our goal is to maintain legal compliance for our clients while helping them conduct their business profitably. When disputes do occur, our clients rely on our teams of highly skilled and knowledgeable litigators.
Areas of focus include:
- Competition, antitrust and trade regulations: Our team has decades of experience helping companies establish and defend advanced distribution, regulatory compliance, marketing and pricing strategies. Our lawyers work closely with clients on supply chain relationships, licensing, antitrust and franchise compliance and mergers and acquisitions. Should disputes arise, our litigators protect our clients in all aspects of antitrust, competition and trade litigation, whether against private parties or government entities
- Gaming law: We assist US, UK and Caribbean gaming industry clients with legal compliance, licensing, criminal defense, civil litigation, intellectual property protection and government contracting.
- Communications, technology and media: Our interdisciplinary team has deep experience in telecom and broadband, cable, broadcast, spectrum matters, program distribution, and technology, and for advising on any type of legal, business or regulatory issue in the communications, technology and media sectors, including regulatory compliance and enforcement, government support programs, commercial and network transactions, M&A and financings, facilities deployment, accessibility, and telemarketing compliance.
- Government contracting and cross-border trade: This team helps clients navigate the regulatory risks of contracting with government entities, entering governmental funding or grant arrangements and managing cross-border transactions and global supply chains. We advise clients on export and trade sanctions laws as well as compliance with the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Anti-Bribery law.
- Environment, health, and safety: We have class-leading capability in supporting industrial and commercial businesses in relation to the full spectrum of environmental and workplace health and safety law, including providing strategic and operational compliance advice; representation in regulator enforcement action and civil proceedings (including mass torts); and risk management advice in transactions.
- Product compliance and liability: We have significant experience supporting businesses with all aspects of product regulation from research and development, product launches and claims, labelling, advertising and marketing, compliance requirements (including CE marking), through to investigations and proceedings brought by enforcement authorities, civil and commercial claims, as well as product recalls and withdrawals.
- Alcohol licensing: We represent retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in relation to all aspects of alcohol licensing law, including in license application proceedings, appeals, and judicial challenges.