As lawyers and business professionals, we maximise our skills and make the most significant impact by focusing our efforts on social inclusion within the communities in which we operate.
How? By delivering real social value through charitable giving, volunteering and sharing our expertise.
Through concentrated pro bono advice and collaborating with Access to Justice, student law clinics and our chosen charity partners with no legal budget; giving back this way is just one way we actively engage with our communities.
We also donate, fundraise and volunteer for local charities and projects across the UK, which is amplified by our dedicated workforce.
“On behalf of everyone at our foodbank, including our service users,
I wish to express our gratitude for your generosity of spirit and consideration towards people living in hardship. We truly value your support and are grateful for your help.”
- Volunteering at local foodbanks to provide essential food packs for vulnerable children
- Mentoring local children through our work with Envision
- Carrying out pro bono work such as with our partnership with Greenwich University Small Business Clinic to support small businesses to access high quality commercial advice. The partnership has also widened access to the legal profession. Students at Greenwich come from a diverse demographic, they are often the first in their families to undertake ‘A’ levels, and often have no connections in the law particularly in commercial law firms
- Fundraising through the local legal walks near to each of our offices supporting Access to Justice
- Running firmwide fundraising events such as WBDbay – our online auction
- Championing causes close to our hearts through individual efforts being match funded by our WBD Foundation, our charitable trust
- Donating items such as laptops to local causes and schools to help to tackle the digital divide
- Working closely with our environmental colleagues to ensure our work is sustainable and we're advocating environmental volunteering opportunities
- Partnering with our wellbeing colleagues to run internal mental health workshops, our D&I colleagues to support events such as Pride, our sports & social colleagues to run fundraising physical challenges and much more!
- 16-25 Independent People
- Access to Justice
- Anxious Minds
- City Reach Youth Project
- Edinburgh Food Project
- FareShare South West
- Jeremiah's Journey
- Leeds Mind
- Leeds North and West Foodbank
- Newcastle West End Foodbank
- Our Plymouth
- Plymouth Foodbank
- Simpson's Special Care Babies
- Smile For Life
- Solent Mind
- Solent Youth Action
- Southwark Foodbank
- Southwark Giving