Our expertise in infrastructure law
We have particular expertise in infrastructure projects (including rail and road schemes) and recognise that project management skills are essential for their successful completion. We have already worked through many of the issues you will face and that knowledge means that we can respond to your queries quickly.
Key projects that have kept us busy are:
- Advising Highways England on Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects across the UK including the A428 Black Cat to Caxton Gibbet Road Improvement scheme DCO, the A47 Bloefield to North Burlingham DCO, the A47 North Tuddenham to Easton DCO and the A47 Wansford to Sutton DCO
- Advising North Somerset Council and the West of England Combined Authority on Metrowest Phase 1 which is a £116m project for the restoration of a passenger rail service between Portishead and Bristol
- Advising Bristol Airport on planning applications and infrastructure agreements, strategic advice on expansion plans including advice on a major planning application to increase the passenger cap from 10 million to 12 million passengers per annum requiring a terminal extension together with various airside and landside developments and changes to surface access and parking areas. Advising on the night noise quota system, ecological issues, air quality, compulsory acquisition, property and CAA regulation
- Advising Leeds Bradford Airport on a capital infrastructure scheme including terminal extension and car parking developments
- Advising Govia Thameslink Railway on the development of new stabling facilities at Cambridge Depot
- Advising Southeastern on the development works at Chart Leacon Depot
- Advising Govia Thameslink Railway on financing and construction aspects of works to the depot at Bedford Cauldwell.