Our expertise in manufacturing law
Manufacturing law services
In such a dynamic and wide-ranging industry, having a detailed understanding of cross-sector manufacturing law is vital. With this in place, our team is able to provide our clients with relevant and useful legal advice on the full range of legal issues faced by manufacturing companies throughout the US, UK and Europe.
Below, we’ve included just a few of the manufacturing legal services that we offer to our clients to help them, and their affiliates and counterparts in other jurisdictions, to navigate the complexities of manufacturing law:
- Functioning as an extension of your team, we will work alongside you when new products are developed, produced, and introduced to the market
- In working with Womble Bond Dickinson, your business will have access to lawyers versed in compliance law and regulation law to ensure that all manufactured goods meet legal standards for all countries of operation
- Monitoring and advising upon the entire process, utilising our experience in import and export law to ensure any supply chain and logistical issues are resolved swiftly
- Our import and export law services for manufacturing include advising on the purchase and import of feedstocks and components as well as the sale and export of finished products
- Supporting and assisting with corporate transactions, capital investments and other strategic projects
- Managing brand protection and patents specific to manufacturing innovations
- Establishing the intellectual property rights of designs and dealing with any issues arising therein.
With our knowledge as a specialist manufacturing law firm and unique understanding of the legal aspects of day-to-day issues affecting our clients, we are also ideally placed to work across sectors. Working alongside our vast range of sector law teams, we can provide a tailored service to clients with businesses in transport manufacturing, retail manufacturing, life sciences manufacturing and energy manufacturing.
Manufacturing and engineering law specialities
With our strategic focus on the manufacturing and engineering sector, we have developed a detailed understanding of the market, its structure and the unique set of global challenges that our clients face.
We offer a blend of cross-sector capabilities and tailor our manufacturing legal services to suit the specific needs of all clients. Currently, our clients range from high volume, energy-intensive industries, through to high-value consumer products and brands, and our industry expertise is similarly wide ranging.
As a manufacturing law firm we share best practice and experience of business process improvements from every area of this sector and appreciate the importance of sustainability and environmental issues. By tapping into this wellspring of knowledge on behalf of our clients, we can confidently implement and manage legal strategies while offering an overarching voice of experience to help new and existing clients alike.
Ready to build your business with help from the Womble Bond Dickinson manufacturing law team? Browse through our manufacturing lawyers and professional staff online or contact us through our get in touch page and we’ll direct you to the right people.
What we do
We have experience in the following areas:
- Purchase and supply contracts (products, services, feedstocks and utilities)
- Toll manufacturing agreements
- Logistics contracts
- Construction and engineering projects and disputes
- Intellectual property protection and exploitation (patents, trademarks, litigation, transactions)
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Inward investment and incentives
- Health, safety and environmental compliance
- Regulatory compliance (including REACH)
- Permitting, contamination and waste management issues
- Research and development collaborations
- Industry 4.0 and connected factories
- Export and international supply agreements
- Agency and distribution agreements
- Employment law employment benefits and pensions advice.