Our expertise in finance, banking, restructuring and insolvency
In order to provide informed advice to clients of all backgrounds, our financial legal services team is made up of highly-experienced lawyers with a broad-spectrum of specialist knowledge. Specialising in matters ranging from financial workouts in the real estate industry to bankruptcy filings within corporate law, our commercially-focused approach and bespoke services allow clients to set and reach goals specific to their sector, as well as their position within it.
Specialities and services of our financial lawyers
Experts in their fields, our large team of financial solicitors specialise in everything from insolvency law to restructurings, advising a vast range of clients through all matters banking and finance law. Our services also include support with bankruptcy filing, financial restructuring, workouts, receivership appointments and foreclosure proceedings, as well as complex financial crime prevention policies and regulatory compliance.
In order to better understand the specific needs of our clients, and help them set and achieve ambitious goals, our financial solicitors also work closely with lawyers across every sector of the wider firm. Collaborative input from specialist lawyers not only allows us to provide more targeted and informed advice within the realm of financial law, but the resulting insight enables us to take a multi-targeted approach and provide more comprehensive advice.
Whether you are an existing client looking to widen your legal strategies through additional financial legal advice or want to build a new, long-lasting partnership with Womble Bond Dickinson, get in touch today. Our specialist financial lawyers and professional staff can be contacted directly or, if you’d prefer to set up a meeting to assess which services could best benefit your company, simply complete the contact form online and our friendly team will be in touch.
What we do
From our position as one of the leading financial law firms, our lawyers serve a wide range of clients including banks, insurance companies, government agencies and public bodies, businesses from all of our served sectors, financial advisors and many more. An overview of the financial legal advice and services offered to such clients can be seen below:
- Real estate, corporate and commercial finance
- Bilateral and syndicated lending matters (including representation of the arrangers, agents, lenders and borrowers)
- Business and commercial transactions (the establishment of financial services firms, mergers and acquisitions of financial institutions and financial services companies)
- Securities issues (including representation of issuers, underwriters, and investors)
- Distressed assets and secondary debt trading
- Regulatory compliance
- Financial product terms and conditions
- Project finance (including energy finance)
- Financial restructuring, workout transactions and arrangements
- Creditors’ rights and directors’ duties
- Insolvency and bankruptcy proceedings
- Asset-based, invoice, trade and structured finance
- Treasury and derivatives products
- Public finance
- Equipment leasing and finance
- Community development, affordable housing and tax credits
- Economic incentives.