Finance: Banking, Restructuring, Insolvency
With over 90 finance lawyers across the US and UK, we provide commercially focused legal advice and support.
This is in relation to all aspects of transactional, regulatory and advisory finance work and with regard to restructurings, workouts, bankruptcy filings, receivership appointments and foreclosures.
Our services include advising on:
- Real estate, corporate and commercial finance
- Bilateral and syndicated lending matters (including representation of the arrangers, agents, lenders and borrowers)
- Business and commercial transactions (the establishment of financial services firms, mergers and acquisitions of financial institutions and financial services companies)
- Securities issues (including representation of issuers, underwriters and investors)
- Distressed assets and secondary debt trading
- Regulatory compliance
- Financial product terms and conditions
- Project finance (including energy finance)
- Financial restructuring, workout transactions and arrangements
- Creditors rights and directors duties
- Insolvency and bankruptcy proceedings
- Asset based finance
- Invoice finance
- Trade finance
- Structured finance
- Treasury and derivatives products
- Public finance
- Equipment leasing and finance
- Community development, affordable housing and tax credits
- Economic incentives.
Our finance clients include borrowers, lenders, issuers, arrangers, funds (investment, real estate and pension), community, regional and global commercial banks, general and life insurers, government agencies and public bodies, fund managers, private equity sponsors, custodian banks, corporate trustees, brokers, building societies, friendly societies, consumer credit firms, payment services firms, e-money issuers, and financial advisors.
Our restructuring and insolvency team regularly acts for directors, borrowers, underperforming businesses, turnaround professionals, banks and other financial institutions, funds, distressed lenders, private equity debt providers and insolvency practitioners as well as other creditors and stakeholders including HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and other government bodies.
Our financial services regulatory lawyers advise not only banks and commercial lenders, but also consumer finance entities, brokers, wealth and portfolio managers and advisers, insurers and brokers, and fund managers and distributors on a range of regulatory issues. We help our clients to assess whether they fall within the scope of regulation and guide them through regulatory applications. We advise on high-level requirements and controls, including financial crime prevention policies and procedures, and on customer documentation and conduct of business rule compliance, as well as on dealings with the regulator.
On the borrower side, we advise public and privately held companies including many household names on both sides of the Atlantic. Many of our clients are active within the firm's key sectors providing deep industry and sector experience.
Working collaboratively with our clients and colleagues results in our legal advice being practical, cost-effective and business-focused. Most importantly, we’re committed to investment in our people so that our clients benefit from our deep industry and sector experience and receive outstanding client service.