In today’s competitive, knowledge-based business environment, the strength and security of a company’s intellectual property can mean the difference between thriving on a global scale or failing to occupy any space at all. For businesses looking to dominate in their market, accessing support from an intellectual property law firm is the safest route to success.
At Womble Bond Dickinson, we proudly offer advanced legal services from our renowned team of intellectual property lawyers. Backed by decades of experience, our team of over 150 qualified IP lawyers and patent agents have the knowledge and skills needed to assist clients in protecting, maximising and monetising their technology and intellectual property assets. Operating in both the UK and across the Atlantic, our team also has access to the full breadth of Womble Bond Dickinson’s resources, and regularly utilises our vast network of international IP lawyers to assist with complex cases.
As with all of the legal services provided by Womble Bond Dickinson, our team of intellectual property lawyers work across the full range of sectors served by the wider firm. With specialist solicitors on-hand to provide industry-specific insights on everything from healthcare patents to manufacturing intellectual property legislation, we can ensure that every piece of advice and guidance given by our IP law firm is backed-up by thoroughly researched and up-to-date information.
Intellectual property solicitor services
In order to provide our clients with a comprehensive service that tackles all IP-related issues quickly and efficiently, our specialist team of intellectual property lawyers regularly assists in the following areas:
- Resolving patent, trademark, copyright, design, and other IP infringement, validity, opposition and entitlement disputes in UK, US and EU courts and patent offices, as well as by international arbitration. Our experience includes assisting clients with related antitrust/unfair competition claims as well as with cross-border disputes
- Conducting detailed patent investigations and analyses in all technical areas and procuring patents in the US, UK, the European Patent Office and in other international patent offices throughout the world
- Representing clients in inter partes and post-grant review proceedings
- Clearing, registering and maintaining trademarks and designs throughout the world
- Developing worldwide anti-infringement and anti-counterfeiting strategies and protocols for leading brands
- Structuring and negotiating complex IP transactions, including licensing arrangements, research and development agreements, collaboration agreements, technology joint ventures and strategic alliances, among others
- Advising clients in sponsorship, advertising, sweepstakes and promotions, merchandising and franchising arrangements.
Intellectual property law firm specialisms
With more than 2,000 patent and trademark prosecution clients worldwide, over 20 practitioners focused on the resolution of domestic and multinational IP-related disputes and approximately 10,000 global trademarks under management, our widespread team of IP solicitors are constantly working to provide clients with the security they need to operate successfully.
In order to ensure every client need is met, regardless of size, stage of operation or industry placement, we have constructed an incredibly talented team of intellectual property solicitors with a diverse range of specialisms. Collectively, we have patent experience in the electrical, technology/software, mechanical, materials science, chemical, and pharmaceutical and biotech/genetics fields, with many of our IP lawyers even holding advanced degrees (Masters or Ph.D.), and are former scientists and engineers. With some IP attorneys also having former experience as USPTO examiners, our clients are given access to some of the most experienced voices in their industry.
By providing comprehensive advice and assistance across a whole host of tasks associated with effectively managing intellectual property, our team helps to free up your time and resources, allowing them to be redirected to more important avenues for success. Whether this time is spent tackling the day-to-day challenges of running a successful business, or used to expand the range of assets attributed to you, accessing support from our IP lawyers allows you to prioritise what’s important to you, safe in the knowledge that everything else is taken care of.
Whether you are searching for patent and trademark advice, or need specialist advice from a team of international intellectual property solicitors, we can help you. Get started by browsing through our intellectual lawyers and professional staff or contact us directly by filling in the simple form on our get in touch page and we’ll connect you with the most relevant IP lawyer for you.
‘Top drawer Intellectual property practice, with vast global experience and seasoned experts at the helm. Their advice is clear and succinct.’
‘Strong technical skills combined with commercial approach and a can-do attitude makes this my go-to team for contentious and non-contentious matters. Advice is always practical and solutions to problems meet our business needs.’
“An excellent team - pragmatic, clear and consistent in their advice.”
“They are super - they really try to understand the client's business and are extremely service-minded.”