Our expertise in hospitality and leisure
Our hospitality lawyers work with clients involved in hotel and restaurant development, ownership, financing, franchising, operations and third-party management. This team includes:
- Real estate lawyers who routinely represent hotel and restaurant owners in the development, entitlement, franchising, acquisition, management and disposition of hotels and restaurants, including closing equity and debt financing.
- Transactional lawyers experienced in negotiating franchises, leases and management agreements unique to hotel and restaurant operations.
- Employment lawyers who work with hotel and restaurant owners on employment matters arising in a field which is labor intensive Franchise lawyers adept at negotiating license agreements with international brands.
- Litigators well-versed in common issues arising in hotel and restaurant construction and operations, including disputes concerning the interpretation of construction contracts, management agreements and hotel formations.
- Commercial lawyers experienced in advising on supply chain contracts, the outsourcing of services, payment services and data protection.
- Lawyers advising on advertising and marketing, food safety, general health & safety and fire safety regulations.
- Tax lawyers whose practices focus on incentives and historic and new market tax credits, sales and use tax, hotel/motel tax and joint venture structuring issues.
These lawyers have deep experience in and knowledge of the hospitality industry, which enables them to provide industry knowledge and cost-effective service to our hotel and hospitality clients.