Womble Bond Dickinson offers a substantial corporate law service, with a team of lawyers, including partners spread across our UK and US office network.
The size, strength and geographical spread of our resources, enables us to make leading lawyers available to clients conducting business almost anywhere in the world.
Our teams are capable of handling very large and complex transactions, as well as corporate requirements generally, where efficiency and resource become more relevant.
We have a large dedicated Corporate & Securities team that represents clients on a full-range of transactions, regulatory matters and governance. Our clients, which range from start-ups to the world’s largest companies, both private and publicly traded, represent all of the industry sectors, and many subsectors, on which the firm concentrates.
Our clients’ corporate needs span industries, sectors, continents and time zones, and our transatlantic Corporate Team is well-positioned to serve them.
Our clients work alongside us because of what we help their businesses achieve; they stay with us because of how we help them do it.
Our Corporate & Securities lawyers have extensive experience advising clients on:
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Private equity
- Venture capital and financing transactions
- Equity capital market transactions
- Public and private equity/ securities issuances and compliance
- Strategic alliances and other transactions
- Shareholder, board of director and governance matters and disputes
- Joint ventures
- General corporate matters
- Corporate structures
- Investment funds
- Partnerships and LLP
- Business taxes.
- Advised Atom Bank on the successful raising of £200 million in equity investment and its strategic partnership with BBVA
- Appointed to advise Cairngorm Capital on its investments in Polyframe and Stevenswood and numerous subsequent bolt on acquisitions
- Acted for Countrywide Farmers Plc on the disposal of its LPG distribution business to Flogas
- Advised Molins PLC on the disposal of its tobacco instrumentation and machinery business to Italian competitor G.D S.p.A (a wholly owned subsidiary of Coesia S.p.A)
- Represented Old Mutual Wealth on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Intrinsic Financial Services Limited, the UK's largest network of restricted and independent financial advisers.
- Appointed to advise OpSec Security Group plc on its £16 million "PIPE" investment by Investcorp Technology Partners and subsequent £67 million recommended offer from Investcorp funds
- Advised Piper Private Equity on private equity investments, including in Loungers Café-bars, Turtle Bay Restaurants, Orlebar Brown, Hickory's Smokehouse, Forthglade Foods, Propercorn, Pet Food UK (Barking Heads), Flat Iron Steak Restaurants and Neom Organics
- Advised RES, the global renewable energy company, on the sale of the Port of Tyne 35MW battery storage project.
"Formidable corporate practice with an impressive portfolio of local, national and international clients."
"Strong corporate offering able to draw on an extensive national network when acting for large regional and national corporations. Clients include several FTSE 100 and FTSE 350 companies."
"They're excellent – they are always commercial and pragmatic in the solutions they offer. They are professional and work hard to assist clients in achieving their outcomes."