Dispute Resolution and Litigation
Representing our clients in disputes and litigation is at the very heart of our firm.
With more than 311 solicitors and trial and appellate lawyers, Womble Bond Dickinson is literally at work every day. From courtrooms to conference tables, we tackle our clients’ most significant and complex cases, including those that threaten their very existence.
Our clients rely on us because our lawyers’ experience makes them formidable at every stage of a dispute and through every level of the courts. We also continue to be tireless advocates for clients before any and all tribunals in the US, the UK and beyond.
From high-profile matters and “bet-the-company” litigation to the most common challenges, we provide proven talent in every role for every type of dispute. This extends to our ancillary businesses, including BullDox, which manages millions of electronic documents, and FirmLogic, which provides scientific and medical analysis and expert witnesses. In the US, we also offer consultants experienced in jury selection and witness preparation and development.
Our clients include FTSE 100, FTSE 250 and Fortune 500 companies, as well as a broad range of businesses and individuals. Regardless of the type of dispute, the strength of the arguments or the venue, Womble Bond Dickinson is ready to assist.
Our areas of dispute resolution and litigation experience include:
- Administrative Dispute Resolution
- Antitrust and competition involving alleged price-fixing, illegal tying, monopolies, abuse of dominant position, predatory pricing and other antitrust and competition disputes
- Appellate, helping clients pursue remedies in federal and state appeals in the US and in the higher courts in the UK
- Banking, including creditors rights and securities
- Casualty risks
- Class actions, including securities fraud, financial services, tax issues, shareholder rights, and state consumer fraud
- Business disputes across all sectors, including manufacturing, energy and financial institutions
- Construction and engineering
- Consumer finance
- Corporate and shareholder disputes
- Cyber regulation
- Debt and asset recovery
- Securities litigation and Derivative litigation and disputes
- Environmental and regulatory, including Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, environmental hazard litigation, operational permit matters, property damage and personal injury claims related to environmental issues and California Proposition 65 litigation
- Food safety, beverage and agricultural regulation
- Inheritance, fiduciary and trust disputes
- Insurance coverage
- International arbitration and mediation - particularly in relation to manufacturing, energy, construction and financial institutions
- IP Litigation
- Mass torts
- Pensions and ERISA
- Pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Product liability
- Professional risks
- Propane and natural gas
- Property risks
- Public law
- Tobacco regulation
- Transportation, including automotive, rail, aviation, trucking and industrial and heavy equipment
- White collar and business crimes.