Our expertise in transport
A team of specialist transport solicitors
The Womble Bond Dickinson transport solicitors team has broad industry knowledge and decades of experience working within this widespread and constantly evolving sector. With teams of lawyers specialising in everything from aviation law to marine law, as well as road transport law for land-based transportation businesses, our varied transportation law firm is fully equipped to serve all clients.
A partial list of the types of clients served by our transport law solicitors can be found below:
- One of the leading aviation law firms, well regarded for assisting in legal matters on behalf of public and private passenger service providers
- Our marine law solicitors are experienced serving ship freight operator business, providing insight into marine law and coordinating with the aviation solicitor team for businesses with dual air and sea operations
- Clients who provide or manage travel infrastructure, including rail networks, ports and airports can access the support of our transport solicitors
- Government bodies and members of the supply chain, such as those responsible for the manufacturing and maintenance of trains, aircrafts or ships, are also supported by our transportation law firm.
Transportation law services
The in-depth and varied sector experience of our transportation law solicitors allows us to deliver proactive legal advice to clients from all corners of the travel sector. With our support in place, our clients are able to focus on getting people, cargo and everything in between where they need to go quickly and efficiently.
Wondering exactly how our transport solicitors can help your company thrive? Womble Bond Dickinson makes every effort to tailor our services to suit your exact needs, creating a strategy from our transport law services that will best tackle the challenges faced by you. View a condensed list of these services below:
- Creatively and efficiently solve problems as they arise whilst simultaneously putting measures in place to reduce the likelihood of similar issues rising in the future
- Simplify and explain complex legal matters and respond with clear advice
- Aid with the expansion of companies from national to international scales
- Offer full-service legal practice by supporting clients on major infrastructure investment, devolution, alliancing and smart ticketing
- Standing by clients commercial litigation or restructuring.
To access the services of our dedicated transportation law firm, browse through our transport lawyers and professional staff or contact us directly through our get in touch page and we’ll connect you to the transport solicitor best suited to help your business.
What we do
Some of our services include:
- Rail franchising and concession arrangements
- Major infrastructure and development projects
- Rolling stock procurement, leasing and maintenance
- Public finance and bond issuance (tax exempt and taxable)
- Compulsory purchase, including development consent orders and compensation
- Asset purchases
- Charter parties, intermodal transportation contracts and supply chain agreements
- Emergency response and representation regarding claims arising from transportation casualties, including shipboard, pierside, and over-the-road personal injuries and death, pollution incidents, collisions, and cargo loss
- Jones Act and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulatory compliance
- Marine finance transactions
- Maritime and trucking products liability and warranty dispute resolution
- White collar criminal representation and counsel associated with internal investigations, enforcement actions, grand jury subpoenas and governmental investigations
- Advising clients regarding first-party cargo insurance
- Advising clients on public private partnerships
- Facilitating Letter of Credit transactions in international sale of goods, and advising clients with respect to form of documents
- Managing big data, smart technology, contactless payments, e-commerce and driverless cars, smart grids, mobile ticketing, e-medical devices and networking
- Dispute resolution