Our expertise in insurance law
Insurance solicitors specialities
Having served for decades as a trusted insurance law firm, we have a wealth of experience working with clients of every size to settle litigation, transactional and regulatory matters within the busy insurance sector.
Our clients hail from every corner of the insurance sector and have both corporate and commercial backgrounds, giving our insurance lawyers access to, and experience in the full breadth of disciplines. Serving as everything from insurance broker solicitors to an environmental insurance law firm, our team of insurance solicitors work within a large range of specialties.
We can competently deliver specialised advice and provide tailored services to all of our clients, many of whom are leading insurers and reinsurers as well as captives, brokers, MGAs, Lloyd's syndicates and those involved in the distribution of insurance products. This wide client base has allowed our insurance solicitors to amass invaluable experience in the following specialities:
- Real estate investment
- Employment and pensions insurance
- Cyber insurance and data protection
- Environmental insurance.
Insurance law firm services
From achieving litigation resolutions to assisting with funds and asset management, our team of insurance solicitors utilise their sector-specific knowledge to provide trustworthy and fully informed services to all clients. This helps clients from every specialism of the insurance sector to navigate the complexities facing them to protect their business and succeed in a changing legal environment.
Whether you require legal services specific to the insurance sector or are simply looking for wider advice for your company, as an insurance law firm, we can assist you. To get the help you need, read through our list of services below or contact us directly and we’ll help you identify the specific legal demands of your company.
- Funds and asset management
- Resolving disputes relating to insurance, reinsurance, liability and coverage
- Assisting with mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and restructurings
- Advising on regulatory risk and compliance measures (including FCA, PRA and Lloyd’s market regulation)
- Professional risk, directors & officers and financial institutions to casualty risk (including employer’s liability, public liability and catastrophic injury), property risk and cyber risk
- Ensuring compliance with solvency capital requirements
- Guidance on Treasury and derivatives
- Insurance and reinsurance group authorisation
- Advising on policy coverage issues.
In addition to these base services, all of which are handled with the utmost care and attention from our dedicated team of insurance solicitors, as an insurance law firm we also offer a dedicated subrogated claims recovery service. This specialised service allows our insurance lawyers to provide a tailored approach to all claims cases, including more niche insurance practices such as those within fine art cases.
Our corporate and commercial insurance team is highly regarded, with many of our lawyers referenced in the leading legal directories. To browse through our dedicated team of insurance lawyers and professional staff, click here. Alternatively, contact the wider Womble Bond Dickinson team through our get in touch page and we’ll put you in touch with the relevant team member to help you.
What we do
- Commercial contracts
- Commercial insurance
- Contracts, policies and procedures
- Coverage disputes
- D&O claims
- Employee benefits
- Employment disputes
- Pensions and ERISA litigation
- Appellate litigation
- Casualty risks disputes
- Class action litigation
- Commercial disputes
- Construction and engineering litigation
- Fiduciary litigation
- Financial lines claims
- International arbitration
- Pharmaceutical and medical device litigation
- Products litigation
- Professional risks disputes
- Property disputes
- Property risks disputes
- Securities litigation
- Financial services
- Regulatory compliance
- Cyber, data and privacy.