We strive to create a diverse and inclusive culture to attract and retain the very best people.
Whether with clients, employees or suppliers; building relationships is a part of our culture, in which we nurture a spirit of equality, fairness and respect for all. These qualities make us a better business and is integral to a successful workplace.
To ensure that diversity and inclusion is at the foundation of our business, we collaborate on a variety of activities, campaigns and initiatives both internally and externally.
Our initiatives include:
- Publishing our gender pay gap reports: 2017 and 2018
- An established diversity and inclusion group, led by Tracy Walsh and made up of our people from across our UK locations who drive forward and celebrate diversity and inclusion
- Both BAME and LGBTQ+ networks to for staff members
- An embedded #BeYourself campaign which actively encourages our people to be their real selves and endorses our culture of valuing our people by celebrating our differences. Click here to view our campaign videos
- An annual diversity and inclusion staff survey our last survey had 81% respond rate from our people
- Developing training programmes to key leaders to positively influence others within the business and understand the impact of unconscious bias
- A Mental Health Awareness campaign. We have the same amount of dedicated Mental Health First Aiders across all our offices as we have traditional First Aiders.
As a gold status member of the Law Society Diversity & Inclusion Charter and holders of the Investors in People Silver standard, we are actively engaged in the promotion of a more diverse legal profession and have also been featured in The Lawyer's Top 200 as a 'Diversity Pioneer'.
We have an established Apprenticeship scheme, which won the Newcomer Large Employer of the Year award at the National Apprenticeship Awards in 2016, an early careers programme and mentoring programmes all aimed at broaden both access to the legal profession and the diversity of our workforce. Our expanded transatlantic resources offer many opportunities for learning and development, and we are proud to have pioneered different pathways into law in the UK.
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority for the Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP. We want to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential, and to be themselves whilst encouraging one another to achieve our goals with courage, determination and enthusiasm.
"We took on apprentices because it was the right thing to do; for social mobility, improved staff retention and for the future of our business."