Our expertise in digital, IT and privacy law
The implementation of new technologies and digital projects brings its own array of challenges with it and having a trustworthy and experienced IT law firm behind you is vital. Whether you need emergency legal support from a group of skilled, quick-thinking data protection breach solicitors or are looking to build a long-term partnership with a multi-talented IT law firm, Womble Bond Dickinson can tailor their support to suit you and your business.
Digital and IT law firm specialisms
Technology has long since become a necessity for every form of business, from manufacturing to transport, and our IT law firm has developed incredible cross-sector capabilities in order to meet this need.
Working across all of our served sectors, our team of IT solicitors recognise all the sector-related nuances and regulatory requirements that apply to our clients. Simultaneously they understand that - while technology is a worthwhile investment for many businesses - it is not their sole focus. In partnering with us as a law firm specialising in IT and data protection law, businesses in every sector are able to prioritise their own workload, leaving complex issues of data governance policy, IT contract negotiation, privacy protection law and more to those with the time and resources to tackle them.
Legal services of our IT and data protection solicitors
Across every sector we operate in, the specialist IT and data protection arm of our law firm provides a fully tailored, personal service. This allows clients to access support ranging from a specific area of legal advice, such as within data protection and privacy law or cyber security law, to a comprehensive source of constant legal guidance.
For companies at the beginning of their technology integration journey, partnering with an IT law firm to take the lead on IT outsourcing, contract drafting and other IT and data protection specialisms is vital. Whether you're searching for a data protection solicitor, backed by a wider team of data protection lawyers, for assistance with meeting data governance best practices, or you need emergency advice from one of the best cyber security law firms available, we can provide all the help you need.
Are you searching for a team of IT and data protection solicitors to partner with in order to ensure the safe and efficient growth of your business? The dedicated team of IT solicitors at Womble Bond Dickinson are ready to draw on their collective knowledge, industry specialties and years of experience to help your business thrive.
Whether you are searching for a data governance consultant to help with issues of data protection law and policy or need an IT outsourcing specialist for IT contract negotiation, we can help you. Get started by browsing through our digital lawyers and professional staff or contact us directly by contacting us through our get in touch page.
What we do
Please find a detailed list of the services provided by the Womble Bond Dickinson IT law firm below:
- Supporting the IT outsourcing process through specialised IT contract negotiation, allowing clients access to a more beneficial contract while removing the stresses of managing the contracting process of a large digital project
- Providing advice and support regarding enterprise software licensing, including aiding with ongoing maintenance on licences
- Assisting with the development and migration of software and platforms, minimising disruption through careful monitoring and management of legal risk through your contract
- Providing hands-on legal support across all aspects of strategic digitalisation projects
- Advising on all forms of cloud-based solutions, including SAAS, PAAS and IAAS
- Providing comprehensive legal advice and services to e-commerce businesses operating across a wide range of sectors
- Using our position as one of the top cyber security law firms to set up data governance best practices and manage risks relating to cross-border data processing
- Implementing and testing protective measures through a data protection audit and constructing a data governance framework
- Utilising the expertise of our data protection breach solicitors to identify and combat potential data protection compliance issues
- Assessing the data protection compliance requirements involved with using a particular technology solution or developing a particular digital marketing strategy
- Drawing on the litigation expertise of our data protection breach solicitors, we offer dispute resolution services for all matters of data privacy compliance, including claims by data subjects, consumers and employees
- Any breaches of data protection are swiftly dealt with by our data protection act solicitors, who have experience advising on hundreds of data breaches
- Advising on direct marketing and digital media law, including matters relating to online defamation law, website misuse, blogging and user generated content, cookies and digital footprints, and access to information held by social media companies
- Responding to hacking or cyber-extortion as well as information access requests, including assisting with DSARs, rights of erasure and portability, and information security.