Womble Bond Dickinson’s team of solicitors in Newcastle is committed to bringing richer prospects to the North East. Widely regarded as one of the leading law firms in Newcastle and recognised by The Legal 500 as ‘unmatched in the region’, our Newcastle lawyers work alongside local businesses on domestic and global matters - helping you navigate legal obstacles and achieve ambitious goals.
Womble Bond Dickinson is known as a trustworthy and capable provider of legal advice and services in Newcastle, with a long history of serving clients in the North East. Our experienced, talented lawyers and professional staff work alongside clients of all sizes and backgrounds, creating fully-tailored solutions to any obstacles they might face.
As a transatlantic law firm, our Newcastle solicitors can provide both national and international legal support. We hold the unique ability to collaborate with our offices across the UK and US to provide a more comprehensive service to our clients who are investing in growth and trade - across the Atlantic and beyond.
Our Newcastle law firm clients
Home to a diverse and multi-talented team of solicitors, the Newcastle office works across a wide range of exciting and challenging sectors to ensure local businesses have access to experienced and informed support. Womble Bond Dickinson’s Newcastle lawyers also have particular experience facilitating trade missions and developing best practices in the following industries:
In addition to these focus sectors, Newcastle is also home to Womble Bond Dickinson’s dedicated private wealth office, which provides invaluable legal advice to individuals, families and business owners.
Whether you’re looking for advice from a North East law firm to help your business hit its growth targets, or are an individual seeking advice from a Newcastle solicitor on a private wealth management matter, reach out by filling out this simple contact form and a member of the team will be glad to assist you.
Please note: our Newcastle office has implemented safety measures in accordance with our COVID-19 risk assessment. Measures are in place to safeguard our people and visitors.
Each of our offices across the country are committed to making a positive difference to our communities. In Newcastle, our team works alongside charities such as The People's Kitchen to give back to the local area.
We also take part in the Newcastle Legal Walk annually, which is hosted by the North East Legal Support Trust, to help in raising money to provide free legal advice.
The office for our Newcastle law firm is accessible by train, plane, taxi and car. If you’re looking to make an appointment to meet with our team, there are plenty of convenient ways to reach us. Simply follow the directions below relating to your method of transport and we’ll look forward to welcoming you to our state-of-the art city centre office.
- By foot: The Spark is less than a 5 minute walk from St. James’ Park football stadium and metro station, and less than a 10 minute walk from Newcastle Central railway station. When walking from Central Station, exit via the main doors, cross the road onto Grainger Street, opposite, and take the first left on to Westgate Road. Bath Lane is the third turning on your right hand side. Follow Bath Lane up the side of the city’s historic West Wall. After 200 yards, you’ll come to a dual carriageway, St. James’ Boulevard. We are on the other side of the road. If cycling, there are numerous bike racks on site.
- By bus: You can get buses 36, 36B, 71, 87 or 88 from Berwick Street (across the road from Central Station), up to St James’ Park. Other buses that stop at St. James’ Park include the 12, 39, 40, 62, 685, X82, X84, X85. The two main bus stations for Newcastle (Haymarket and Eldon Square bus stations) are on Percy Street, a 5-10 minute walk from The Spark. From here, follow signs to St. James’ Park, a two minute walk from The Spark.
- By car: Newcastle is easily accessible by road via the A1 from the north and south and the A69 from the west. There is limited visitor car parking in The Garage, the multi-storey car park serving Newcastle Helix, which is adjacent to The Spark, and should be accessed via Corporation Street only. If you are travelling using a route planner or sat-nav, the postcode for The Garage is NE4 5QB. There are also various other public car parks close to The Spark.
- By train: Newcastle Central Station is situated on the east coast main line, with trains leaving for London and Edinburgh at intervals of between 30 and 60 minutes. It is directly accessible from London King’s Cross, Glasgow and Edinburgh. The journey from London King’s Cross takes between 2.5 to 3 hours. The walk from the station to our office is approximately 10 minutes. Taxis are also available immediately outside Newcastle Central Station.
- By air: Seven miles north west of The Spark, Newcastle International Airport is the region’s largest airport, receiving flights from over 80 destinations worldwide. Airport Taxis pick-up and drop-off directly in front of the terminal. Other taxis, if ordered, pick you up or drop off across the road from the terminal. A taxi into the city centre takes about 15 minutes. There is also a Metro station in the airport, and a Metro to St. James or Haymarket stations will take about 25 minutes. Buses also run to Newcastle Haymarket from the airport entrance.
- What3Words: The What3Words reference for our Newcastle office is ///bikes.inch.spins.
At Womble Bond Dickinson, we are actively working to ensure our offices across the UK and US are fully accessible for all our clients.
You can find all the accessibility information for our Newcastle office below.
If you have any queries or concerns regarding accessibility to the building, please do not hesitate to contact us on +44 (0)345 415 0000.
What3Words reference: ///bikes.inch.spins.
Directions upon arrival at building: The main entrance doors lead into the ground floor lobby area. The security desk is located on the right-hand side as you enter the building. There are speed gates and the one on the left is extra wide. Check in with security, any assistance will be provided, then proceed to the 11th floor reception.
Lifts: Four lifts.
Wheelchair access: The front entrance is accessible and the door entrance is a push button.
Accessible toilets: One on ground floor behind security and two on each floor.
Assistance (reception/security and location): Security on ground floor. The WBD reception is on the 11th floor.
Hearing assistance: Yes - Hearing loop.
Guide dogs: Permitted.
Parking: Council run car park with 14 disabled bays, 8 of which are electric charging.
Disabled/badge holder parking: There are 14 disabled/badge holder parking spaces at our Newcastle office.