When it comes to operating a successful organisation in the public sector or running a not-for-profit group in the third sector, it pays to be supported by a trusted group of public law solicitors and charity solicitors such as Womble Bond Dickinson.
Able to guide you through the unique challenges of the public and third sectors, our public law firm can help you find ways to provide the best service to your customers, even under tighter regulatory pressures and budget constraints.
Charity and public law solicitors services
At Womble Bond Dickinson, the multi-sector lawyers who serve as our combined charity solicitors and public law solicitors are trained to put your needs at the heart of everything.
Our services are made-to-measure so, whether you’re just looking for assistance with a standalone public interest litigation case or are looking to create a lasting partnership with one of the leading public law firms in the UK, we are ready to provide you with our seamless service.
Wondering what our charity and public law solicitors can offer you? Find a list of our main legal services in the public and third sector below:
- Overseeing the full contracting process, including those relating to facilities management agreements
- Providing legal guidance on freedom of information and data protection matters
- Aiding with the outsourcing of work, specifically in the waste and leisure sectors
- Working to resolve disputes between parties in creative ways
- Advising on procurement matters, challenges and judicial reviews
- Assisting in planning matters, including compulsory purchase order (CPO) schemes
- Overseeing and advising on a range of public-private partnerships (PPPs), including public finance initiatives (PFIs)
- Sharing sector experience and knowledge to ensure the smooth running of public interest litigation cases
Public solicitor specialities
The lawyers and professional staff working within the Womble Bond Dickinson group of public law firms work alongside a broad variety of UK Local and Central Government authorities, as well as other organisations in the wider public sector. Experienced in understanding the diverse requirements of working in the public arena, our public sector law firms focus on driving the best value for the public purse in the following areas:
- In the public education sector, the duties of our public law solicitors including setting up academies and advising on commercial transfer agreements
- In the energy and natural resources sector, we have public solicitor teams working on district heating projects and Green Deal Frameworks
- In governmentally funded real estate, we assist with regeneration schemes that benefit communities across the UK
- Within the transport sector, we aid with highway projects through duties including contracting
- In the technology sector, our public law firms throughout the UK work on IT law.
Clients of our public law firms
The public sector is incredibly diverse in the UK, spanning multiple sectors including technology, education, energy and more. Due to this, and to the experience of our public solicitors in each area, our public law firm has had the privilege of working alongside a wide range of exciting clients.
Aside from the worthwhile charities we provide legal services to, and the local authorities and projects we work alongside, the Womble Bond Dickinson UK public law firms are proud to be the current legal suppliers on two of the UK Government's Crown Commercial Service (CCS) Frameworks.
Within this partnership, our public law solicitors advise a wide range of Central Government Departments, Agencies and Arms' Length Bodies (RM3786 Framework), and non-Central Government public sector bodies such as local authorities and NHS trusts (RM3788 Framework). More information on these exciting appointments can be found on our Crown Commercial Service page.
Looking to secure the legal advice and support of one of our public law firms or charity law firms? Browse through the lawyers and professional staff that serve our Public, Government and Third Sector team or contact us for more information through our get in touch page.