Public, Government Services and Third Sector
Public, government and third sector organisations are constantly challenged to find ways to service their customers better, while under increasing budget and regulatory pressures.
Our multi-sector lawyers will put your needs at the heart of what we do in order for us to provide you a made-to-measure and seamless service.
We work alongside a broad variety of UK Local and Central Government authorities, as well as other organisations in the wider public sector. Our lawyers are experienced in understanding the requirements of working in the public arena with its focus on driving best value for the public purse.
In the UK, areas we advise on are:
- Contracting, including facilities management agreements
- Dispute resolution
- Education, including setting up academies and advising on commercial transfer agreements
- Energy and natural resources, including district heating projects and Green Deal Frameworks
- Freedom of Information and data protection matters
- Highway projects
- IT law
- Joint Ventures and Local Authority companies
- Outsourcing, specifically in the waste and leisure sectors
- Planning, including CPO schemes
- Procurement matters, challenges and judicial review
- PPP and PFI
- Public interest litigation
- Real estate, including regeneration schemes
- State aid
- Vires and Local Government law.
We are proud to be current legal suppliers to the UK Government's Crown Commercial Service (CCS) RM3786 Legal Services Framework, and to be advising a wide range of Central Government Departments, Agencies and Arms' Length Bodies. For further information on the framework please click here.