Create, manage and complete projects effectively with assistance from the experienced team of infrastructure and construction solicitors at Womble Bond Dickinson. Capable of supporting every stage of a capital project’s lifespan, our lawyers provide invaluable legal advice from inception through to completion, helping pave the way for the smooth execution of your project.
With decades of experience serving public and private sector clients across a wide range of industries, our infrastructure, projects and construction lawyers constantly strive to ensure the efficient completion of all projects we assist with. With a significant track record of success and a vast wellspring of knowledge to draw upon, the projects we assist with are efficiently managed and seen all the way through to the ongoing operational life cycle of an asset, including front-end contract strategy, project documentation, regulatory matters and risk management across all of Womble Bond Dickinson's served sectors.
With a comprehensive approach to project strategising, management and execution, as well as ongoing support post-completion, the dedicated team at Womble Bond Dickinson help to minimise the practical and legal risks associated with undertaking large-scale infrastructure and construction projects. The indepth and practiced support provided by our construction solicitors ensures all legal obstacles, including time-consuming and complex regulatory compliance requirements, are managed in the most profitable and time-efficient manner.
Infrastructure and construction lawyer specialities
At Womble Bond Dickinson, we recognise that each project undertaken by our clients differs immensely from one another. Influenced by the individual goals of the client and what they hope to gain, as well as the specific trials faced within their sector, our team takes the time to develop a bespoke, industry-specific strategy that acknowledges the constraints and challenges that affect each individual project.
Backed by a substantial catalogue of successful projects, including large-scale infrastructure projects in the power generation, offshore, transportation, engineering and renewable energy sectors, our lawyers have developed an invaluable network of contacts all across the globe.
Our construction lawyers have also gained a deep insight into the construction industry, derived from years of experience and secondments with key clients.
Working across every area of the construction industry, our team has formed long-term partnerships with a wide range of clients which include contractors, government and public sector bodies, developers, building product manufacturers, homebuilders, investors, employers, architects, engineers, quantity surveyors, project managers and contract administrators and their insurers. This vast range of clients has provided us with a specialist knowledge of each individual cog in the construction machine, as well as an intimate understanding of how they interact with each other, giving us the experience needed to provide informed and comprehensive legal advice.
Project, infrastructure and construction law firm services
Capable of assisting with the entirety of a project with comprehensive, problem-avoiding strategies, and providing specific advice and support to overcome issues as they arise, the services provided by our projects, infrastructure and construction lawyers are tailored to each individual client, their needs and the specific challenges of their project.
Our ultimate goals are to provide informed advice, assist with complex legal issues that may affect a project and navigate and remove any unforeseen obstacles swiftly to ensure an absolute minimum of disruption is caused. An overview of the services we provide to these ends are listed below:
- Provide transactional construction advice
- Advise clients on dispute avoidance and risk management strategies
- Provide advice on managing complex construction projects
- Advise on key procurement strategies and project delivery methods
- Conduct audits on projects in respect of European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) funding
- Advise on procurement-compliant group and joint venture structures
- Advise on contract changes and client counseling during project implementation
- Creation and administration of complex national frameworks
- Structure, negotiate and draft construction contracts
- Draft, negotiate and review the full suite of procurement documentation, standstill letters, contract award notices, and voluntary ex-ante transparency notices
- Design build agreements and economic incentive agreements
- Deal with domestic and international disputes, principally by way of adjudication but also arbitration (domestic and international), litigation and mediation as well as other forms of alternative dispute resolution
- Defend and bring procurement challenges on behalf of both contracting authority and bidder clients
- Defend clients in class action, multi-district and “bet-the-company” mass tort litigation.
‘WBD have a good depth and breadth of knowledge in the key areas needed by my organisation. They have a robust and supportive team structure capable of responding to requirements quickly and effectively. Their advice has always been first-rate and they take the time to clearly understand and talk through options not just react to a request.’
‘Collaborative approach and takes the time to understand our requirement so that more tailored advice is given.’
‘Womble Bond Dickinson has an excellent approach to case management, as it has a very dynamic team with the respective breadth and depth of experience. The lawyers react quickly to challenging circumstances and provide valuable guidance in relation to the matters they handle.’
“The lawyers are able to respond quickly and have always delivered specific advice. They draw on their specialist knowledge to come up with the complement we need, specifically in property matters or construction litigation matters.”
“Very good, responsive, quick, competent, easy to get on with and personable.”