Our expertise in antitrust and competition law
Our wide-ranging experience, across numerous sectors, helps us to add value and effectively manage this regulatory risk.
When businesses occasionally make mistakes, we are on hand to advise on the options available. If the regulators arrive at your business premises demanding to see senior executives and to have access to your paper and electronic records, we are there to help manage that highly stressful situation. We know what to look for, what to expect and how to deal with it.
The services we offer include:
- Recovering damages arising from a competition/antitrust breach
- Defending businesses under investigation for alleged competition/anti-trust or consumer law breaches and working with individuals referred for separate legal advice
- Defending individuals facing the prospect of a Competition Disqualification Order
- Challenging the unacceptable exploitation of intellectual property rights including non-FRAND licensing terms and premature injunctive applications
- Obtaining merger clearances in the UK, US (HSR filings), at the EU Commission and co-ordinating applications in other countries of the world
- Advising on whether proposed subsidies or grants are permissible under the UK Subsidy Control regime
- Advising on and making notifications under the UK NSIA and CFIUS filings
- Counselling businesses on a wide variety of commercial transactions including pricing issues, refusal to supply, and e-commerce restrictions
- Assisting businesses to respond effectively to market studies, sector inquiries and other interventions by Competition Regulators such as Civil Investigative Demands or RFIs
- Reviewing/updating Competition Compliance Procedures including stress testing their efficacy, undertaking audits of business units and providing training for staff members.
Whether you’re wondering what steps to take after breaching competition law, or want to shore up your defences by requesting an audit on your current compliance procedures, our competition law firm can assist you. To find out more about the antitrust services we provide, or to seek out competition litigation help, contact our attorneys by filling out our online enquiry form.
To find out more about the competition and antitrust services, contact our lawyers by filling out our online enquiry form. Information of our US practice can be found on the antitrust litigation page.