Ben leads our Newcastle Corporate Team and has extensive experience of advising on a broad range of corporate transactions, including public and private M&A and fundraising, joint ventures and reorganisations. He regularly takes the lead role on some of the firm’s most complex and high profile transactions, working with multi-disciplinary deal teams consisting of other members of the firm and other professional advisers. Ben’s focus is on effective transaction execution, whilst ensuring a transaction delivers the desired outcomes for our client. His broad experience allows him to apply innovative solutions to challenges which arise during transactions.
He also advises quoted and private companies on company law and governance matters.
Ben is company secretary to South Tees Site Company Limited, the UK Government owned business, charged with managing the 4,500 acre former Redcar steelworks site, which is earmarked as the UK's largest redevelopment opportunity. Ben is also a trustee of the National Centre for Children's Books, Seven Stories.
- The challenger bank, Atom Bank plc, on its equity fundraisings from inception to date, totalling in excess of £350 million, including £165million invested by the leading Spanish bank BBVA
- Venator Materials plc on its $454million IPO on the New York Stock Exchange
- AIT Worldwide Logistics on its undisclosed acquisition of UK based freight forwarder, ConneXion
- Huntsman Corporation on its £undisclosed acquisition of IFS Chemicals Limited
- Molins PLC on its £30m disposal of its tobacco manufacturing and instrumentation business to Coesia
- Life services business, Arcinova, on BGF's £5million minority equity investment
- Shareholders of health services group, Vocare, on its £11million disposal to Totally plc
- Vertu Motors plc on its corporate affairs and in excess of £300million of fundraisings and acquisitions, including placings totalling in excess of £85 million, its £21.8 million acquisition of the Hughes Group, £31million acquisition of Greenoaks Mercedes and £31 million acquisition of Albert Farnell Limited
- On numerous IPOs (both on the company and broker side), including IPOs of Vertu Motors plc, Superglass plc, Hargreaves Services plc, Sweett Group plc and e-therapeutics plc
- Huntsman Corporation on the $812m disposal of its European base polymers business to SABIC
- The Saudi-based Al Rushaid Group on the disposal of Whessoe Oil & Gas Limited to Samsung C&T Corporation.