Stacey predominantly focuses on corporate transactional work and is well experienced working for serial acquirers, owner-managers and investors.
She advises on a range of corporate law areas, including business disposals, acquisitions, re-organisations, joint ventures and share buy backs, as well providing general company law and governance advice.
Stacey advises both listed and private companies, as well as advising on private equity transactions and investments.
She is well known in the North East deal community and is member of the regional CBI Emerging Leaders' Board. She was highlighted in 2020 as a "rising star" in the Legal 500.
Examples of experience include:
- Acting for Caspian Learning Limited, on its investment by Nasdaq Ventures, the investment arm of electronic exchange Nasdaq
- Advising Nestware, sister company of Carpetright on its acquisition of Keswick Flooring Ltd
- Completing the disposal of three venture capital trust for NVM Private Equity LLP selling to Mercia Asset Management for c£25m
- Advising Mapc Group plc on its £15m acquisition of Lambert Automation Limited
- Acting for the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) on its disposal of its stake in RIBA's commercial arm, RIBA Enterprises Ltd (trading as NBS), to Lloyds Development Capital (LDC) for £31.8m and RIBA's ongoing partnership with LDC
- Advising Tekmar Group plc on its c£60m admission to AIM
- Acting for Mapc Group plc (then Molins PLC) on its £30m disposal of its tobacco manufacturing and instrumentation business to Italian company G.D. S.p.A.
- Advising AVX Limited on its £118.8m acquisition of TT Electronics Limited
- Advising Huntsman (Holdings) UK on its acquisition of I.F.S. Chemicals Limited
- Acting for Vertu Motors plc on its acquisition Hughes Group Holdings Limited and Gordon Lamb Group Limited and its £8.8m acquisition of VW dealerships from Sytner
- Completing a pre-flotation share reorganisation and assisting on the £106m flotation of Quantum Pharma Plc
- Actingfor Seaward Holding Group Limited for the family shareholders and option holders on the sale of their shares to German company Metrawatt International GmbH
- Acting for UK Land Estates Limited on its section 110 de-merger and subsequent investment into the newly de-merged UK Land Investments Limited by Northumberland Estates Limited and Forth England Limited
- Assisting UK Land Estates (Partnership) Limitedon its acquisition of North East Property Partnership for £58m
- Assisting Winn Solicitors Limitedon the £42m investment by JZI including a disposal by shareholders of 60% of their shareholding.