Tom advises on a broad range of corporate transactions, with a focus on private equity and M&A. He has a sector specialism in insurance and financial services transactions. In the private equity sector he acts for investors, companies seeking investment, sellers to private equity backed buyers and management teams.
Tom also advises on joint ventures, group reorganisations, start-ups and early stage investments. Tom is experienced in leading and project managing complex transactions, drawing on a larger team of specialist lawyers and working together with clients’ other advisers.
- NCR Corporation on its £100m acquisition of Bath based retail software developer Zynstra
- Martin Audio management on the sound system manufacturer's £12m MBO backed by LDC and subsequent £39m sale to Focusrite plc
- Arch Reinsurance on its acquisition of Barbican group, including Lloyd's syndicates and underwriting agencies
- Dunedin on the MBO of Acquis Insurance Management
- HQW Precision Engineering GmbH on the acquisition of Plymouth-based bearing manufacturer Barden Corporation from Schaeffler Group
- Arch Insurance Europe on its £31m purchase of the commercial lines business of Ardonagh, part of its Geo Underwriting business
- Banner, one of the UK's leading school uniform suppliers, based in Trowbridge and backed by MML Capital Partners, on its acquisition of FR Monkhouse and two other businesses
- Lone Star on its £158m acquisition of Salisbury House, a Grade II listed building at Finsbury Circus, London to Workspace Group PLC
"I'd like to thank the teams at WBD both in the US and the UK for assisting us with the completion of our acquisition of Bath-based software company Zynstra. This £100m acquisition not only enhances our product capabilities, but also our standing in the vertical industries we serve and provides even more solutions for our customers."
"We found the WBD team very responsive, commercial and pragmatic when handling our acquisition and the associated equity and option arrangements."
"Dunedin has a strong record of investing in specialist insurance. We worked with WBD last year when they advised Kingsbridge, another specialist insurance business in the Dunedin portfolio, on a deal. We were impressed by their sector expertise and wanted to use them to lead on this transaction. It has been great working with them."
"WBD worked well with our team on our acquisition of Ardonagh’s commercial lines business and provided first-rate commercially minded legal advice."
“Bond Dickinson provided excellent support throughout the process of the sale of the CUKS direct business and the service provided has been first class.”
“Bond Dickinson's proactive approach, pragmatism and 'can do' attitude has driven the transaction to a successful conclusion”
“Bond Dickinson helped us with an investment by Rutland Partners and the associated exit from 3i. When Domtar Corporation approached us with a view to buying the business for £150m, we knew Tom Fitzpatrick’s team would help us achieve a good deal.”
“Our MBO from Dow Chemicals was an eye opening experience for us and we would never have been able to do it without the excellent advice and strength in depth from Bond Dickinson.”