Our expertise in asset finance
Our in-depth understanding of core asset finance and asset backed lending structures allows us to act on behalf of clients, providing them with tailored and effective legal advice and support. Whether you require assistance from the position of a bank or financier, or are securing asset based financing for your own business, the extensive experience of our asset finance lawyers provides comprehensive support throughout the legal processes involved in providing or accessing asset financing solutions.
Asset financing clients
Our team of lawyers are on-hand to assist lenders, borrowers and commercial clients on a broad range of transactional and non-contentious finance work. Bringing a deep knowledge of the technical area of asset finance structures, our asset finance lawyers regularly advise on effective finance structures and provide overarching guidance to a wide range of clients. From banks and financiers to business owners and entrepreneurs, we seek to ensure that clients entering into asset finance contracts as a lender or borrower receive the best results possible.
The advice provided by our team spans borders and sectors, with many recipients of our asset finance advice coming from financial institutions and companies in the manufacturing and transport industries. Not only has this allowed us the opportunity to develop extensive experience across a range of industries but it has also given our asset finance lawyers an in-depth understanding of the relevant industry standard documents and structures used.
In addition to our general asset finance team, we also have one of the largest dedicated rail teams in the UK who regularly advise on rolling stock leasing transactions.
Asset finance and leasing services
Below is an outline of the key services our lawyers can provide for you.
Equipment finance and leasing:
- Negotiating and drafting leasing agreements for equipment financing, including end of lease arrangements
- Assisting and analysing potential legal risks that may arise from operational processes connected to equipment financing
- Acting on behalf of clients who are implementing fleet financing arrangements, broker arrangements, introducer arrangements or agency arrangements
- Template documentation reviews
- Advising on legal issues to help shape new products.
Receivables finance and invoice discounting:
- Negotiating and drafting invoice discount facility agreements
- Drafting and negotiating master receivables purchase agreements, including reviewing the underlying agreement for suitability to fund
- Template documentation reviews.
- Advising on wholesale dealer stocking facilities – acting on one-off facilities, product development and template documentation reviews.
Supply chain finance:
- Advising on supply chain finance programmes, including bi-lateral arrangements through to complex multi-parties hosted programmes.
In addition to lawyers who can assist on financing aspects, we have multi-disciplinary teams who can support you in managing day-to-day operational issues, regulatory concerns, commercial contracts, disputes and litigation.