Andy specialises in advising banks, other financial institutions and companies on restructuring and turnaround of business and property investments. He has spent nine months on secondment at one of the main UK banks working closely with the business support and distressed property teams.
Andy also advises a number of distressed debt funds on the purchase and sale of loan portfolios, asset management and realisation options.
He has particular expertise in the healthcare sector and has been involved in the restructure of a number of high profile nursing home groups. Andy also regularly advises clients on the education, hotels and leisure sectors and football clubs.
Andy regularly advises insolvency practitioners and other specialists in restructuring and insolvency related items.
Andy is an accredited member of the Institute for Turnaround.
- Acted for a group of companies for 18 months in its restructure of 32 care homes with a total debt of £80 million
- Acted for a distressed debt operator in its sale of £80 million debt relating to a large portfolio of properties
- Acted for the administrators of Focus DIY, Little Chef, Crystal Palace F.C
- Acted for the administrators and receivers of one of the largest privately owned group of companies in the UK with debt exposure of c.£800 million
- Acted for a number of SME’s in conjunction with IFT members to restructure and turnaround failing businesses.
“An up and coming lawyer who is incredibly responsive and growing in stature”.