Charlie leads the London banking team and is a member of the firm's global board. He has extensive experience advising lenders (banks, development finance institutions, funds and other alternative lenders) and borrowers in developed and emerging markets (including multiple jurisdictions across Africa).
He has advised across multiple sectors on a broad range of syndicated and bilateral finance transactions but has a particular emphasis on real estate finance (investment and development deals) and cross border lending and projects for development finance institutions and international banks.
Charlie also advises clients on environment, social and governance (ESG) principles in the real estate sector. He contributed to a report commissioned by Cambridge Centre for Housing and Planning Research (CCHPR), 'ESG: Investing in the built environment', which explores the impact of ESG principles on the operations of companies operating within the UK built environment sector.
- NatWest, HSBC, Wells Fargo and an international bank on a £400m revolving credit facility real estate financing for Helical Plc
- Lloyds Bank, NatWest, HSBC and Santander on a £220m sustainability linked revolving credit facility to Hill Group – the first SLL in the UK housebuilder sector
- A syndicate of African banks, London based international banks and a development finance institution in connection with the US$1 billion loan facilities made available to a Nigerian telecoms joint venture company to finance the development of its mobile telecommunications towers network in Nigeria
- A syndicate of African banks, Africa based international banks and a development finance institution in connection with the US$250 million loan facility made available to a national airport network operator in West Africa for the construction of a new airport terminal at capital's principal international aiport
- Investec Bank plc in relation to a £23.7m facility to Blue Coast Capital for the residential development of the former Richmond Royal Hospital
- Renewable Energy Performance Platform and EDFI - ElectriFi in relation to the $10 million financing of PAS Solar's solar homes systems project in Nigeria
- EDFI - AgrFi in relation to loan facility to East Africa Fruits, a farming operation in Tanzania
- FirstBank UK Limited on a US$16m prepayment financing of copper operations in Democratic Republic of Congo.