Rose specialises in intellectual property, advising clients on protection, exploitation and enforcement in relation to trade marks, passing off, copyright, designs, patents, and rights in confidential information.
Her contentious practice includes pursuing and defending claims, covering issues such as ownership, validity, registrability, infringement and defences. She represents clients on claims in the High Court and the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court (including specialist small claims), has experience with the Court of Appeal, and deals with UK Company Names Tribunal actions and domain name disputes. Rose also has experience with alternative dispute resolution processes, successfully settling disputes for clients.
Additionally, Rose advises on intellectual property issues and opportunities arising out of corporate transactions, and drafts and negotiates commercial agreements involving intellectual property. Rose has also worked with clients on intellectual property portfolio management, and the prosecution of applications for trade marks and designs.
Rose studied at the University of Oxford, at undergraduate level for a degree in Jurisprudence, and later for a Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice. She is a Co-Chair for Young Members for the Licensing Executives Society Britain & Ireland Council and sits on the Working Group for Conferences for the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys. She regularly delivers seminars and provides commentary on intellectual property topics, and participates in specialist bodies including MARQUES, AIPPI, INTA and CIPA.
Examples of experience include:
- Representing Jemella Group on various trade mark infringement claims in the High Court and Intellectual Property Enterprise Court
- Defending a retailer in a High Court copyright infringement claim
- Advising a number of electronics resellers in relation to parallel imports
- Negotiating agreements for various public sector bodies pertaining to the transfer and licensing of intellectual property
- Acting on behalf of Polyframe Group in relation to simultaneous Court, UK Company Names Tribunal and domain name dispute proceedings.