Amy is a Solicitor and Chartered Trade Mark Attorney and specialise in intellectual property matters. Amy advises clients in relation to the full range of intellectual property rights, covering both contentious and non-contentious matters. These include, copyright, trade mark, design and domain name matters, at a national and international level. She acts for clients in various sectors including retail, real estate, banking, insurance and charities.
Amy has experience filing and prosecuting trade mark and design applications, advising on the protection and exploitation of trade marks, trade mark clearance searches, managing IP portfolios and handling oppositions at the trade mark registries. Amy has experience in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements involving intellectual property, such as licences, assignments and co-existence agreements, as well as advising on intellectual property due diligence in corporate transactions.
As well as a law degree, Amy has obtained a distinction in her LLM in Law and also achieved the highest mark of the Leeds BPP Law School in her Legal Practice Course. Amy successfully passed her trade mark attorney examinations with Distinction. In 2016, Amy received the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorney’s Examination Award for the highest mark in the Professional Certificate in Trade Mark Practice.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Immediate Media, the publishing arm of the BBC, in relation to management of its global trade mark portfolio.
- North of England Protecting and Indemnity Association on its trade mark filing, management and protection strategy of its well-known insurance brands.
- Bellway on its trade mark protection, exploitation and management.
- H. Smith & Sons (t/a Smiffys) in relation to its global design and trade mark portfolio.
- ME and EM Limited on its global trade mark and design matters, including trade mark filing strategies, oppositions and clearance searches.