Our expertise in export controls and sanctions law
Sanctions and export control services
On-hand to support clients during day-to-day decision making, and ready to stand by them throughout times of stress, our trade and financial sanctions lawyers are highly experienced in their field. Examples of the services our lawyers provide include:
- Advising businesses on the implications of sanctions, with particular experience of UK and EU sanctions. We also work closely with our US colleagues in respect of the US sanctions regime
- Drafting and reviewing risk assessments, policies and procedures for businesses operating in all sectors, specific to the financial sanctions and other financial crime risks they face
- Advising businesses including freight forwarders, regarding potential issues arising from the proposed export of goods caught within the scope of trade sanctions regimes
- Representing and counselling businesses accused of non-compliance with export controls and sanctions laws
- Delivering tailored training to organisations across a range of sectors, covering all aspects of crime prevention within trade and financial sanctions
- Supporting businesses with required or voluntary self-disclosures to regulators in the event of financial sanctions breaches, and advising on processes and procedures to be put in place to prevent future breaches.
Our sanctions lawyers at Womble Bond Dickinson are here to help. To learn more about our experience and what we can do for you, please do contact us.