We have been serving residential investor and development clients for over 100 years. We are well versed on industry matters and closely follow trends and developments within the sector. We offer a multi-disciplinary service and significant experience in PRS and Build To Rent.
This breadth and depth of experience puts us in a strong position with respect to our competitors and enables us to give you the best possible advice in this very competitive sector.
As a firm, we have been active in the private rented sector for over 100 years and it represents a cornerstone of our Real Estate practice. Our experience in the sector, when aligned with our development expertise, places us perfectly to provide specialist Build To Rent advice. We see our role as helping our clients achieve success through our unique skill set and through market-wide intelligence, introduction of clients, projects and land opportunities and facilitating joint ventures and partnerships where appropriate.
We act as a trusted advisor to many key sector names, delivering a full service, one-stop shop with a team of lawyers across all disciplines with bespoke experience in this sector. Our services include acquisitions, disposals, management, forward funding, commercial agreements, structuring, corporate, financing, enfranchisement, construction, planning, tax, environmental and regulatory.
Our clients include Grainger, Bellway, Places for People, Akelius, GRIP, Vista PRS Fund, Allsop, Countrywide, Rockspring, Moorfield, Westminster City Council and the London Borough of Lewisham.
What we do
- Residential and mixed-use development
- Collaboration agreements
- Property litigation
- Health and safety
- Corporate – joint ventures and housing delivery vehicles
- Commercial – property management agreements
Examples of work
Built to Rent
- Forward acquisition and site assembly of scheme in Liverpool (325 units) for Vista PRS Fund (Hermes and Countrywide)
- Live instructions on £200m worth of forward funding acquisitions across regional cities for Grainger
- Multiple live forward funding instructions and joint venture schemes for Places for People (both purely private and Local Authority led)
- Forward funding acquisition of £30m development in Southampton for 132 PRS units for Grainger
Structuring and Finance
- Represented the London Borough of Lewisham in a JV vehicle between the Council and a private sector partner to co-invest in a large BTR scheme
- Worked for Grainger on JV with Dorrington to create Walworth Investment Properties Limited
- Assisted in Grainger’s venture with Sigma to deliver regional PRS developments
- Assisted Vesta in an online buy-to-let investment platform: establishment of the platform including fractional property investment, relevant regulatory requirements including advice and support on the customer website journey, customer flows, T&Cs for fractional investors, buyers and sellers, and advertising of the service
Commercial Agreements and Management
- Assisted Vista PRS Fund in its agreement for purchase of £750k of furniture for the Liverpool scheme
- Advised Grainger on development of the G:Ramp asset management platform with Lloyds Banking Group