Our expertise in investors law
Our lawyers understand the demands facing real estate investors. We aim to facilitate deals and to add value for our clients. Our lawyers have in-depth knowledge of all issues relating to direct and indirect investment in real estate. Our clients comprise institutional investors, private and publicly quoted property companies, private equity funds, rural and urban estates, charities, local authorities and high net worth individuals.
We cover all core real estate investment services, guiding and supporting our clients in achieving their objectives. Our real estate lawyers also support a wider spectrum of real estate related services, such as joint ventures and asset management and participation agreements.
Much of our work carries a multi-disciplinary approach and we regularly work closely with specialisms across our firm in other areas, particularly finance, corporate, construction and tax.
We will structure your Womble Bond Dickinson real estate investment team to ensure that you have access to all levels of experience throughout every transaction. It’s one of the reasons investor clients, from property companies to investment funds, are turning to us ahead of the City firms.
We provide national coverage to support projects of all ranges of value and complexity. We are proud to act for leading UK real estate investment funds and their advisors, such as Rockspring, Moorfield, Addington, Tristan Capital, Savills IM and F&C Property Growth and Income Fund and commercial real estate companies like Capital Industrial. We have acted for the Church Commissioners for England's commercial property investment portfolio for 15 years.
What we do:
- Direct and indirect investment
- Sales and acquisitions of real estate assets (including large portfolio transactions)
- Asset management – transactional and disputes (e.g. dilapidations)
- Leases and agreements for lease
- Development agreements
- Due diligence
- Refurbishment and redevelopment projects
- Planning environment and regulatory matters
- Construction and procurement
- Funding and property finance
- Fund structures
- Corporate and contractual joint ventures relating to real estate
- Asset management and participation agreements
- Specialist commercial agreements in real estate (e.g. website agreements, data protection, specialist employment and TUPE advice in real estate context)