We understand that there's a whole range of challenges to be met in growing and scaling up a successful business and that legal considerations are only part of that jigsaw.
Making sure that the 'legals' are right from an early stage will save time and reduce risk. It will help in securing investment and ultimately stopping potential issues becoming unexpected barriers to growth. A well-planned approach should mean that it doesn't need to take a disproportionate amount of your time or money to make sure things are in order at the right time. WBD Accelerate provides the tools to help you kick start your business venture.
- Access to a growing number of simple legal documents available for you to produce on a self-service basis through our online platform, including: Shareholders Agreement, Articles of Association, Non-Disclosure Agreement, Assignment of Intellectual Property Rights and Services Agreement
- Access to a range of legal experts experienced in advising businesses at a similar stage to you. With a national footprint of eight offices in key cities across the UK, the chances are we won't be far away
- A nominated legal 'mentor' as your first point of contact, with the first hour each month being on us so you don't need to worry about always being on the clock
- 25% discount on our standard rates in the UK during your first year with us
- Access to a wealth of transatlantic and international connections
- Entrance to our legal training workshops
- Legal horizon-scanning updates.
Common themes often involve:
- The different investment options available, together with their pros and cons
- The common pitfalls around the ownership and protection of key intellectual property rights and how to put things right if there are issues
- Arrangements between shareholders and catering for change
- The terms on which you do business and the amount of risk you accept
- Questions around the collection of data, how it can be used, its impact on your business and the risks of getting it wrong
- The recruitment of talent, employers' obligations and immigration options where relevant.
Our cross-practice team has many years of experience advising on legal issues important to growing businesses like your own, we're committed to supporting ambitious local, national and international businesses with commercial legal advice and innovative thinking to help meet your ambitions.
As a demonstration of that approach, we are proud to be the official legal brand partner of the YENA network, a trailblazing virtual acceleration community allowing the next generation of ambitious entrepreneurs and start-ups to meet like-minded peers in a friendly environment. Their mission statement is simple: "To build a generation of great people, doing good business in better ways, to fulfil the potential impact on their lives and the lives of others." Starting out as a very small venture of just six people, YENA has grown to connect more than 3,500 people a year through its free events across the globe including the UK, Australia, Germany and Singapore.