Caroline specialises in non-contentious commercial, technology and data protection work. Her practice involves advising on a wide variety of commercial contracts including distribution, agency and franchising arrangements, contractual joint ventures, terms and conditions of supply, licensing and manufacturing arrangements, outsourcing agreements (IT and BPO), cloud computing, features as a service, systems integration, general IP, e-commerce, data protection and privacy law matters.
She also has a background in corporate support work which has included advising on complex cross-border acquisition and disposal work, advising on IP, data protection and technology warranties and indemnities and transitional services arrangements.
Caroline is a member of the Society for Computers and Law.
Examples of experience include:
- Advising a UK train operating company in relation to the provision of its on-line and mobile customer journey planning and ticketing platform
- Representation of a FTSE 100 technology provider in relation to the implementation of its ERP solution across its European operations
- Representation of a global communications provider in relation to the off-shore outsourcing of its financial and accounting systems in a transaction worth US$100 million
- Advising an electronic tolling company in relation to the design, development, implementation and maintenance of a trunk road tolling system for an EU member state worth in excess of €650 million
- Representation of a major global technology supplier in relation to its transition to the cloud in respect of its business critical systems operating across three continents
- Advising a UK train operating company in relation to the outsourcing of its key business processes including its station and rolling stock cleaning contracts, buildings and car park management and track maintenance services. Also lead counsel in relation to the design, development, implementation and maintenance of its front office and back office ticket issuing systems
- Provision of extensive data protection and privacy law advice to a number of global companies operating in the marketing, data analysis and diagnostic services sectors, pharmaceutical, specialty chemicals and manufacturing industries as well as in the transport, technology and financial services sectors
- Provision of data protection advice to an international manufacturer and retailer of cosmetics including managing a compliance review of data protection and privacy laws across 28 jurisdictions
- Representation of a transatlantic airline in relation to its compliance with UK advertising, data protection and privacy laws
- Undertaking data protection audits for a number of US companies across their European operations with the implementation of various compliance strategies (including Model Clauses, binding corporate rules and Safe Harbor (including advising on strategy following the Schrems decision)) and the handling of data subject access requests.
"Caroline Churchill is practical, available, and responsive."
"Caroline Churchill has been excellent. The work we have asked her to do is new to us, so she has had to help me work through all the possible scenarios to ensure we cover everything we need to consider."
"Caroline Churchill is very thoughtful and will often contemplate things we have discussed and come back to me with further suggestions or concerns we should consider."