We understand that there's a whole range of challenges to be met in growing and scaling up a successful business and that legal considerations are only part of that jigsaw.
Making sure that the 'legals' are right from an early stage will save time and reduce risk. It will help in securing investment and ultimately stopping potential issues becoming unexpected barriers to growth.
A well-planned approach should mean that it doesn't need to take a disproportionate amount of your time or money to make sure things are in order at the right time.
WBD Accelerate provides the tools to help you kick start your business venture.
- Access to a number of simple legal template documents, including: Shareholders Agreement, Articles of Association, Non-Disclosure Agreement, Assignment of Intellectual Property Rights and Services Agreement
- Access to a range of legal experts experienced in advising businesses at a similar stage to you. With a national footprint of seven offices in key cities across the UK, the chances are we won't be far away
- A nominated legal 'mentor' as your first point of contact, with the first hour each month being on us so you don't need to worry about always being on the clock
- 25% discount on our standard rates in the UK during your first year with us
- Access to a wealth of transatlantic and international connections
- Entrance to our legal training workshops
- Legal horizon-scanning updates.
Common themes often involve:
- The different investment options available, together with their pros and cons
- The common pitfalls around the ownership and protection of key intellectual property rights and how to put things right if there are issues
- Arrangements between shareholders and catering for change
- The terms on which you do business and the amount of risk you accept
- Questions around the collection of data, how it can be used, its impact on your business and the risks of getting it wrong
- The recruitment of talent, employers' obligations and immigration options where relevant.