Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology & Life Sciences
Our multi-disciplinary team focuses on pharmaceutical, animal health, biotechnology, medical device and other life science industry companies.
We have a group of over 50 lawyers in the US and UK, many with Ph.D. or M.S. degrees, whose research and industry backgrounds provide a deep understanding when working with life science companies. Our technical training, along with our years of experience, has given us a deep understanding of the pharmaceutical and life sciences industry and many challenges it faces, including intellectual property and product liability matters, issues related to Brexit, and the unitary patent system in Europe.
We also have professionals with experience at companies in the industry, as in-house counsel and scientists and former patent examiners. Led by one of the industry’s most respected litigation teams, the firm counsels international, innovator pharmaceutical companies and represents them in Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) litigation and inter partes review proceedings.
Our lawyers involved in this sector understand the scientific foundation of life sciences businesses, which enables us to provide more effective and efficient analyses and advice. We bring our experience to bear from several disciplines, which include:
- A Litigation team, including an Intellectual Property Litigation group, with a broad range of legal and technical experience
- A Patent Procurement and Investigations team with deep technical knowledge and a broad range of legal experience
- An Intellectual Property Transactions group with extensive experience handling complex transactional issues and general client advice regarding a wide range of corporate and commercial concerns
- A Trademarks, Database and Copyright team with far-reaching experience advising the pharmaceutical and life sciences industry regarding its intellectual property rights
- A Products Litigation group with decades of experience providing a comprehensive and practical approach to advising and defending against tort cases involving pharmaceutical and life sciences products
- Case Management Facility, which manages case knowledge, working with our clients to build online file cabinets of correspondence, pleadings, transcripts, exhibits, research memoranda, and other attorney work product, to serve as the foundation for project management.