Rachel is a tireless advocate and an experienced litigator. Her service to clients has led her into the areas of mass torts, defective product actions, complex contract actions, and commercial tort actions—including fraud, bad faith, and unfair and deceptive trade practice cases—where the alleged damages range from loss of profits to loss of life. Rachel recognizes that trust is earned, not given, and by allowing her professionalism and success to speak for her she has earned the trust of clients in industries ranging from insurance companies sued for bad faith to construction companies.
Clients who hire Rachel know that they are getting a knowledgeable adviser, one who will continuously work to understand their company to give advice tailored to their needs. Rachel’s clients also know that they are partnering with an attorney who is as comfortable in court as she is in leveraging litigation for successful settlement negotiation. Rachel’s litigation experience ranges from lead counsel at trial to manager of attorney and paralegal trial preparation teams.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Led the defense team in a victory for Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company in a multimillion-dollar bad faith case. This insurance company denied a claim for damage to a restaurant caused by a fire because it believed one of the owners set the fire. Arson is very difficult to prove, but Rachel and her team secured a successful outcome for her client.
- Led team to a complete defense verdict following a three-week state court trial for a national retail chain against Plaintiffs, who sought $13 million for an alleged personal injury.
- Prepares medical experts as witnesses in mass torts litigation where complex scientific and medical issues, as well as tens of millions of dollars, are at stake.
- Won appeal before the US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit on behalf of the Randolph County (NC) Sheriff's Office in a highly publicized wrongful death lawsuit.
- Part of a defense team that earned jury trial victories in Florida on behalf of tobacco companies in "Engle progeny" litigation.