Simon is Head of the Construction and Engineering Team and is responsible for co-ordinating the firm's strategy in relation to construction projects. He advises government and public bodies, local authorities, universities, developers and major contractors in all aspects of transactional construction advice covering construction procurement, funding issues, standard form and bespoke building contracts, consultants’ appointments, collateral warranties, construction security (performance bonds and parent company guarantees).
- Education & Skills Funding Agency – Advised the Education & Skills Funding Agency directly on National Contractor Frameworks 1, 2 and 3 for the procurement of contractors (including all model documents) for the delivery of Academy/BSF/Free Schools projects and currently working with the Agency on the delivery of the Priority Schools Building Programmes 1 and 2 Capital Works scheme using the National Contractor Framework 2
- Advised the Education & Skills Funding Agency on the development, procurement and operation of its Regional Contractor's Framework 2014
- Advised the ESFA on the procurement and development of a modular framework to speed up batched Free Schools and Priority Schools delivery
- Bellway plc - Simon is the client relationship partner managing the firm’s relationship with this national housebuilder. The firm advises the Northern Divisions of the group on all property acquisitions and disposals as well at Group level on registered provider and Homes England transactions
- University of Durham - Simon has acted for the University's Estates and Buildings Team on a number of teaching, research and accommodation projects, including the £50m Gateway Project to provide new library and central facilities. Simon is advising the University on two major teaching faculty buildings – the Ogden Physics Building and Lower Mountjoy Building and the £40m upgrade of the University sports facilities which form part of the University's strategy to 2020
- Simon advised on the Arthur Holmes Data Centre project and the Maths and Computer Science Faculty
- Durham County Council – Simon is advising the Council on negotiating the terms of a Pre- Development Services Agreement and Development Agreement to deliver the Council's new headquarters Building in central Durham
- University of Teesside – Simon has advised the University's Estates Department on a series of teaching and accommodation facilities including joint ventures with other colleges. The projects include a £7m library refurbishment, the procurement of the £30m Campus Heart Building and the £20m National Horizon Centre
- Cheshire Fire Authority – Simon advised the Authority on a JCT based framework programme of new build stations and a training centre with a value of over £15m.
Chambers Guide to the UK Legal Profession identifies Simon as a leader in his field in the North of England for Construction.