Rosie is an Associate in Womble Bond Dickinson's Commercial Disputes & Regulatory team.
She has substantial experience working on a range of large and complex disputes with a particular focus on advising and representing clients in the upstream energy, renewable energy and retail sectors.
Recent experience includes advising a renewable investment energy fund in relation to its defence of a claim by a renewable energy company alleging breach of warranty and misrepresentation under a SPA, and acting for an international oil and gas company in relation to its Commercial Court claim for £60 million under a Transportation and Processing Agreement.
Rosie advises on disputes before the High Court and arbitral tribunals, as well as assisting resolve disputes through mediation and other alternative dispute resolution methods.
- Advising an international oil and gas company with regard to its £60 million claim under a Transportation and Processing Agreement relating to the Defendants' conduct with regard to the shutting down of a platform and associated facilities. This dispute is ongoing.
- Advising an investment company in renewable infrastructure in respect of its £1.4 million claim for breach of warranty under three SPAs due to irradiance readings for the three solar parks it had purchased displaying that the Measured Performance Ratio was below that warranted by the seller. This dispute is ongoing.
- Advising the sellers of an oil and gas exploration and production company with regard to their £1 million claim against the purchaser for breach of its best endeavours obligation under a SPA regarding the achievement of the Commercial Activity Warranties. This dispute is ongoing.
- Defending an international oil and gas company in ICC arbitral proceedings comprising a claim for $46 million in relation to the rights and obligations of the parties in respect of the production of gas from an area offshore Argentina over an eight year period. This dispute settled and a successful outcome was achieved for the client.
- Advising a renewable energy investment fund in relation to its defence of a $5 million claim brought by a renewable energy company for breach of warranty and misrepresentation under a SPA, and in respect of bringing a counterclaim for breach of obligations under the SPA.
- Advising an international oil and gas company with regard to its $5 million claim against its JV partner for breach of obligations under a SPA and a JOA concerning various Moroccan oil and gas licences. This dispute settled and a successful outcome was achieved for the client.
- Advising a national bank in respect of notifying to another bank 100+ indemnity claims for losses of £20+ million as a result of latent defects in the legacy systems and procedures that it was relying on post-separation.
- Advising Sainsbury's Supermarkets Limited in respect of bringing a judicial review against the Independent Reviewer of Advertising Standards Authority Adjudications regarding his decision in respect of the comparisons drawn in Tesco's Price Promise advertising campaign.
- Advising a national retailer who had received numerous complaints from contractors regarding the unreliability of the IT system used to run its network, in respect of complying with an independent investigation set up to look into this system, and participating in a mediation scheme established to enable contractors to raise their allegations directly with the retailer.