Rosie is a Managing Associate in Womble Bond Dickinson's Commercial Disputes and Regulatory team. She divides her time between the London and Southampton offices.
Rosie has significant experience advising on the resolution of large, complex disputes in the oil and gas, and power and renewables sectors, both in the UK and internationally. Her focus is on achieving commercial and cost effective results and she often advises on risk management approaches and strategies to avoid pursuing a dispute through the courts or arbitration.
Recent experience includes advising an investment fund specialising in the renewable energy sector in relation to its defence of a £5 million claim brought by a renewable energy company for breach of warranty and misrepresentation under a SPA, and advising an international oil and gas company in respect of its US$66 million Commercial Court claim against four international oil and gas companies under a Transportation and Processing Agreement.
Examples of experience include advising:
- African oil company – Advised an African oil company with regard to its US$2.2 billion claim against another African oil company for breach of obligations under a Confidentiality Agreement, and for tortious inducement or procurement of a breach of a Protocole d'Accord by an African government. Advised the company also in respect of its claim against that African government for breach of the Protocole d'Accord concerning an exclusive option to negotiate a PSC in respect of an offshore block.
- International oil and gas company – Advised an oil and gas company in relation to its defence of a £20 million claim brought by a tanker supplier for repudiation, or alternatively termination, of a Contract of Affreightment concerning the lifting and loading of crude oil onto the supplier's tankers.
- International oil and gas company – Advised an international oil and gas company in ICC arbitral proceedings in relation to its defence of a US$46 million claim brought by another international oil and gas company concerning the taking and selling of gas from joint gas fields in Argentina.
- International oil and gas company – Advised an international oil and gas company with regard to its £2 million claim against its 4 JV partners for non-payment of their respective shares of operating costs incurred by our client, as operator, on their behalf under a UUOA.
- Global renewable energy company - Advised a global renewable energy company in respect of its £1.4 million claim against a solar energy company for breach of warranty under three SPAs concerning irradiance readings for three solar parks displaying Measured Performance Ratios below those warranted.