Robert is a corporate finance partner with over 25 years’ experience of advising clients on private and public company mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, domestic and international joint ventures and corporate governance.
In over 20 years working in the North East corporate marketplace as part of an award winning regional firm, Robert has advised on some of the most significant transactions in the region and worked with some of the region’s best known entrepreneurs. Robert’s specialisation is working with owner-managers and shareholders around strategic direction and maximising value when exiting their companies and also on the reverse side of those transactions, acting for corporates acquiring new businesses and companies as part of growth strategies.
Robert has been named Insider’s North-East corporate lawyer of the year on three separate occasions – and worked on 4 of the awards’ ceremony “Deal of the Year” in the North East Region.
Following outstanding client feedback Robert was named as a star lawyer in the ‘Acritas Stars’ global database for 2017 and 2018.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Advising Quantum Pharma plc on a £106m AIM IPO
- Advising Quantum Pharma on the acquisitions of Lamda Pharma and NuPharm Group
- Advising on the sale by SNK and shareholders of CAV Aerospace to Better Capital
- Advising the shareholders of Seaward Holding Limited on its acquisition by German multi-national Metrawatt
- Advising British Engines Limited on its acquisition from Rolls Royce plc of its North East based Michell Bearings
- Advising RPM Inc on its strategic acquisitions of Morrells and Firefirm Limited
- Advising KAEFER GmbH on its acquisition of Opus Industrial Services Limited
- Advising the shareholders of C&D Industrial Services Limited on its disposal to KAEFER GmbH
- Advising Vertu plc on its acquisition of Bristol Street Motors Limited
- Advising Kitwave Limited on its acquisition of Hulleys Frozen Food.
"Just a very practical, commercial lawyer. Technical competence."