Our Newcastle-based corporate team has been shortlisted for, and its deals recognised in, a number categories at the upcoming Insider North East Dealmakers Awards.
Womble Bond Dickinson (WBD) and its deals have been shortlisted for seven awards across five categories:
- Corporate Law Firm of the Year
- Corporate Lawyer of the Year – Robert Phillips
- Private Equity/Venture Capital Deal of the Year – for advising the Royal Institute of British Architects on the £31.8m investment by Lloyds Development Capital into NBS
- Deal of the Year (below £2.5m) – for advising IOTech Systems Limited on its seed capital raise with Dell Technologies Capital
- Deal of the Year (above £10m) – acting on behalf of longstanding client Tekmar on admission of its shares to trading on AIM and its £61.8m fundraising from institutional investors
- Deal of the Year (above £10m) – acting on the IPO of Venator Materials plc on the New York Stock Exchange
- Deal of the Year (above £10m) – acting on behalf of the shareholders of Vocare Limited on the reverse takeover of Vocare by Totally PLC.
This recent success follows on from an impressive performance earlier this Summer when, in June, the team celebrated a fantastic month after closing five multi-million pound transactions in the North East alone, confirming its position as the region's busiest and most dynamic corporate team.
Kevin Robertson, Partner and Head of the Newcastle office, comments:
"Following a hugely successful month in June and an impressive year overall, I am delighted that the efforts of our corporate team, and the deals on which they have worked, have been recognised by the wider deal making community who have shortlisted the team for a number of awards at the Insider North East Dealmakers Awards.
"This is a tribute to the hard work put in by the whole team and recognises our ongoing commitment to the region and its businesses, entrepreneurs, company owners and the wider community. I know that the team are very much looking forward to the awards dinner at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead in September."