Oliver works with high growth and high potential clients on a range of corporate matters and across a number of sectors, but has a particular focus on the Technology sector.
Predominantly focussing on corporate transactional work, his experience includes private company mergers, acquisitions and Exits, equity investments and public company fundraisings and listings and reorganisations of large group structures. He has experience of working for serial acquirers, start-ups, owner-managers and investors and regularly works on large national and international transactions.
Oliver is also part of our WBD Accelerate service team, and has a keen interest in building relationships and working with earlier stage companies and the investors that support them to develop value in those businesses.
Oliver has been recognised as a Rising Star within the Legal 500 publication, and has been shortlisted for "emerging dealmaker" in the 2020/2021 Insider Media NE Dealmaker Awards to be held later this year.
Examples of his experience include advising on:
- the £65m IPO of Tekmar Group plc.
- the $454m IPO of Venator Materials plc on the New York Stock Exchange
- the investment by Nasdaq Ventures, the investment arm of NASDAQ on its investment in Caspian Learning Limited
- the c.£25m sale of the management of three venture capital trusts by NVM Private Equity LLP to Mercia Asset Management plc
- the UK aspects of the multimillion pound sale of a global flooring manufacturer
- the sale of the business and assets of two North West radio stations operated by Bay Radio Limited and Lakeland Radio Limited
- the acquisition of the pain management and musculoskeletal services division of a large tech-backed healthcare business
- the sale of CN Group Limited to Newsquest Media Group Limited
- the £3m investment in Biosignatures by Accelerated Digital Ventures
- the £31m investment into the Newcastle based commercial arm of the Royal Institute of British Architects, NBS which is a market-leader in BIM Toolkit software development
- fundraisings for banking sector disruptor, Atom Bank plc, in excess of £350m
- numerous acquisitions for AIM listed Vertu Motors plc's and its £35m placing in 2016
- the recommended £66.7m takeover of OpSec Security plc, an anti-counterfeiting specialist, by Investcorp Technology Partners
- the demerger of an insecticides business, the assets of which included a well-known brand of mosquito-repellent
- the sale of iconic North East business, Matfen Hall Hotel
- numerous investments by Mercia Asset Management plc, including:
- the £1.4m investment in drinks business, NOVELTEA
- the £260,000 investment in green energy tech company, Equiwatt
- the £535,000 investment in healthtech business, IBEX Innovations
- the investment by First Access Entertainment into premium clothing and lifestyle brand, Casablanca Clothing
- the set-up of a start-up company with the purpose of designing and building a social media lifestyle app
- various joint ventures for Cutting Edge Music Group
- the set-up of, and various fundraisings for, Happy Not Perfect, a health, wellbeing and mindfulness app based business.
"Quick to identify key issues and was both pragmatic and empathetic … very professional and efficient"