Oliver qualified in September 2017, having trained with the firm, and having spent most of this time in the Corporate team.
Oliver works with clients on a range of corporate matters across a number of sectors. His experience includes private company mergers, acquisitions and disposals and equity investments as well as public company fundraisings and listings and reorganisations of large group structures. Oliver also assists with a variety of commercial and corporate matters, including partnership arrangements and joint venture agreements.
Examples of his experience include:
- The £65m IPO of Tekmar Group plc.
- Advising on the $454m IPO of Venator Materials plc on the New York Stock Exchange.
- The sale of CN Group Limited to Newsquest Media Group Limited.
- Advising the Royal Institute of British Architects on the £31m investment into its Newcastle based commercial arm NBS.
- Various fundraisings for Atom Bank plc, a new challenger bank, including its £135m fundraising in 2016, which won the Deal of the Year £10m+ award at the North East's Insider Media Dealmakers Awards 2016 and its £148.7m fundraising in 2018.
- Vertu Motors plc's £35million placing in 2016, as well as on its acquisition of Sigma Holdings Limited in March 2016.
- Advising CN Group Limited on the sale of the business and assets of two North West radio stations operated by Bay Radio Limited and Lakeland Radio Limited.
- The recommended £66.7m takeover of OpSec Security plc, an anti-counterfeiting specialist, by Orca Bidco Limited.
- The demerger of an insecticides business, the assets of which included a well-known brand of mosquito-repellent.
- The sale of Rook Matthews Sayer Estate Agents, to Connells.
- North East Growth Fund's first investment in Shampoo Heads and its investment in The Original Sofa Company.
- The £57.3million acquisition of Kew Bridge Court Guernsey Limited by GRIP, the market-led UK residential property fund owned by Grainger plc and APG.
- The sale of Cumbrian-based GenII Engineering & Technology Training Limited to the City and Guilds of London Institute for an initial c.£8million.
- The sale of Simonstone Hall Hotel and arranging for the transfer and assignment of various shooting rights.
- The sale of Stublick Estates Limited, the assets of which included a large grouse moor.
- The set-up of a start-up company with the purpose of designing and building a social media lifestyle app.
- Advising the Cutting Edge Music Group on various joint ventures.