Emma joined Bond Dickinson in August 2016. She has over 25 years' experience of specialising in financial services regulation. Emma advises UK and international clients on compliance with all aspects of financial regulation and prevention of financial crime.
Emma acts for a range of regulated clients including banks, fund managers, investment firms, insurance firms and other retail intermediaries. She advises clients on:
- The regulatory perimeter, including help with applications for authorisation and variation of permissions
- The application of the approved persons and senior managers regime
- Marketing of products and services
- Cross-border services both into and out of the UK, from the European Economic Area and third countries
- Review and drafting of compliance policies and procedures for all aspects of business, including customer take-on policies and financial crime prevention
- Commercial agreements with third parties
- Training and competence requirements
- Regulatory aspects of mergers, acquisitions and changes in control
- Dealing with the regulator.
Emma also advises a broad range of businesses on compliance with financial crime prevention laws, including the Bribery Act, Criminal Finances Act and anti-money laundering and financial sanctions regimes. She is co-editor of FIN, the firm's financial institutions and insurance regulatory news site.
Emma is a regular contributor to industry journals and also speaks regularly at industry conferences. She has won many awards at the Compliance Register Platinum Awards, including for Best Regulatory Lawyer and Best Compliance Trainer, on several occasions, as well as leading the "best editorial team" newsletter and being a key part of the practice that won the Best Law Firm (Financial Crime prevention) and Most Effective Law Firm awards.
Emma is a regular speaker at conferences, including hosting regular briefings for the Compliance Register and MLROs.com.
She also writes for several journals and is on the Editorial Board of World Securities Law Report, Compliance Monitor and Financial Regulation International and is a member of the Thomson Reuters Practical Law Financial Services Consultation Board.
- UK branch of third country bank as general adviser on financial regulatory and financial crime compliance, including regular reviews and updates of compliance manual, AML sanctions and anti-corruption policy, application of the Senior Manager Regime and ad hoc regulatory issues
- UK, global and third country fund managers, on a range of issues relating to alternative investment fund management, including advising on the marketing and sale of AIFs to professional and retail customers in a wide range of EEA and third country jurisdictions and co-ordinating dealings with local counsel and regulators
- Major national and international businesses in the broadcasting, retail and manufacturing industries on compliance with financial crime prevention laws, including reviewing, adapting and customising policies to comply with the UK Bribery Act and financial sanctions regimes, assisting with risk assessments on counterparties and transactions, and providing bespoke training to businesses and associated persons
- Due diligence in relation to potential acquisitions in the financial institutions, consumer (retail finance, insurance and mortgages) and consulting areas, in relation to financial regulatory and financial crime compliance
- Investment, insurance and consumer credit firms on authorisation and variation of regulatory permission.
"Emma Radmore has strong technical expertise in FCA rules, financial promotions and conduct issues."
"Experienced and knowledgeable"
"A pleasure to work with"