David joined the Corporate team in 2017 after qualification. His training experience involved working with a variety of different companies, but he is particularly familiar dealing with companies in the Energy industry. He has also spent time in-house seconded to one of the largest independent oil producers in the UK North Sea.
Within WBD, David works with clients across a number of sectors, predominantly focusing on corporate transactional work. He deals with a full range of corporate and corporate finance matters including; mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, MBOs, joint ventures, group reorganisations and shareholder arrangements.
Examples of experience include advising:
- EQT Infrastructure on the sale of Tampnet UK and Central North Sea Fibre Telecommunications Company as part of the wider sale of the global Tampnet Group, the owner and operator of the world's largest offshore communication infrastructure network
- Grainger Plc on the disposal of its 50% interest in the Walworth Investment Property joint venture to Dorrington Plc for £67m
- GVO Wind Limited on corporate aspects of the sale of an 80% share in the GVO Wind portfolio to Tenega Wind Ventures UK Limited for a total value of £171.23m
- Vocare Limited on the sale of its entire issued share capital to Totally Plc in a reverse takeover for a value of £11m (Shortlisted for the North East "Deal of the Year" 2018)
- Kiln Flame Systems Limited, world-leaders in rotary kiln process and combustion optimisation, on its acquisition by Metso, one of Europe's largest industrial companies.