David is an Associate in the Corporate team at Womble Bond Dickinson and is dual-qualified in Scotland and England & Wales. He advises clients across a number of sectors on corporate transactional work, predominantly focusing on mergers and acquisitions and private equity investments. David also regularly deals with joint ventures, MBOs, group reorganisations and shareholder arrangements.
David has a keen interest in working with companies in the Energy industry. Prior to joining Womble Bond Dickinson David spent time in-house seconded to one of the largest independent oil producers in the UK North Sea.
Examples of experience include advising:
- The owners of pharmaceutical and biotechnology company Arcinova on the sale of the business to Quotient Sciences (backed by Permira)
- Lloyds Development Capital on a number of investments, including:
- its significant minority investment in Connect Health – the UK’s largest independent provider of integrated community MSK (musculoskeletal) services (shortlisted for Deal of the Year above £10m in 2020)
- its investment in iamproperty, a business specialising in technology-led software, platforms and services that support property professionals
- Nimbus on its majority investment in Hawthorn Timber Limited
- Grainger Plc on a number of acquisitions and disposals, including:
- the £57m share acquisition of the corporate entities owning Newcastle's private rented sector development know as The Forge
- the disposal of Grainger's 50% interest in the Walworth Investment Property joint venture to Dorrington Plc for £67m
- Carpetright and its sister company Nestware on various matters including the acquisition of Carpet and Flooring Trading Limited from the management team and Endless LLP (winner of Insider Media Limited's deal of the month award)
- AIM listed Vertu Motors plc on its acquisition of various BMW and MINI businesses
- Gordon Brown Law Firm on the sale of its property, probate and conveyancing business to Simplify, the UK's largest conveyancing and property services group
- EQT Infrastructure on the sale of Tampnet UK and Central North Sea Fibre Telecommunications Company as part of the wider sale of the global Tampnet Group, the owner and operator of the world's largest offshore communication infrastructure network
- Mpac Group Plc on its acquisition of Lambert Automation Limited, a provider of technology leading automation solutions
- GVO Wind Limited on corporate aspects of the sale of an 80% share in the GVO Wind portfolio to Tenega Wind Ventures UK Limited for a total value of £171.23m
- Vocare Limited on the sale of its entire issued share capital to Totally Plc in a reverse takeover (Shortlisted for the North East "Deal of the Year" above £10m in 2018)
- Kiln Flame Systems Limited, world-leaders in rotary kiln process and combustion optimisation, on its acquisition by Metso, one of Europe's largest industrial companies.