We appreciate that everyone has diverse career aspirations and that's what sets us apart.
Unlike some other flexible lawyer resourcing business models, we give you the decision to work with us on a fixed-term contract basis or as a consultant.
Not only do our team of in-house lawyers get to do the work they love on secondments with a range of fantastic clients, but they have the support of a transatlantic law firm and legal teams.
We are particularly keen to hear from lawyers with banking, insurance and general finance expertise, along with people who have worked in the energy, infrastructure and construction industries and those with company secretarial and public sector experience.
Why should you join WBD InHouse?
- Exceptional client base – You'll be working with our enviable list of clients spanning across a number of different sectors. Not only will you be overseeing exciting projects but developing your portfolio in brand new areas too
- Support of a great team - You'll be joining an existing team of WBD InHouse lawyers, but not only will you have their support but also regular contact with WBD's legal teams as you move from client to client
- No more billing targets – All the benefits of working in house including losing the pressure of fee targets
- Flexibility – We offer a mix of remote and hybrid opportunities, are open to part-time or full-time lawyers and help to support your work-life balance.
Looking to work with us on an employment contract-contract basis?
- Job security - We remove some of the risk for you by offering fixed-term employment contracts within our business and a salary
- Benefits package - On top of a salary you'll have access to our rewards and benefits
- Development opportunities - We offer a range of development opportunities to enhance skills and expertise.
Could your next consultancy opportunity be with us?
- High quality work - You'll be able to build your profile with a top 20 law firm without the ties
- Freedom and control - You'll be working with us on a non-exclusive agreement with a say in which types of secondments you'd like to take on
- Competitive daily rates - We recognise your skills and experience when discussing your daily rates.
Want more information before you apply? Get in touch
Ideally you'll have at least one year's PQE but what's more important to us is the legal expertise you bring with you. Whether you're already an in-house lawyer, or in private practice looking to make a change, we have opportunities for commercial lawyers across the Energy, Construction, Banking & Financial Services, Insurance sectors and more.
If you're employed by us then we'll work with you to line up each continuous opportunity. If you're one of our consultants then we'll keep in touch with you about opportunities that you might be interested in.
If you're employed by us then we aim to keep gaps to a minimum however we have opportunities with our private practice that you can get involved with until the new secondment is available. If you're one of our consultants then we're flexible on how you like to work with us and we'll keep in touch with you about opportunities that you might be interested in.
We'll just need around four weeks to onboard you and then you'll be ready to go for your first opportunity. This is usually fairly quickly as we have lots of clients ready to work with WBD InHouse.
"Having predominantly worked in-house, I totally get the WBD InHouse concept."
"As a WBD InHouse lawyer I get to work closely with one client in an in-house role with all the support and benefits of working for a leading law firm."
"One of the main benefits of working in the WBD InHouse team is the variety of secondment opportunities across high-profile businesses within the different sector."
"The highlight of my role so far has been the breadth of work I have been involved in and spending time with some fantastic in-house legal teams."