Will is an associate in the Real Estate department. He specialises in commercial property transactions including refinancing, landlord and tenant, freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals, and secured lending.
Prior to joining, Will was a senior manager at the Land Registry. In addition to managing client relationships, his experience includes examination and first registration of title deeds, mapping and boundary issues, adverse possession and lost deeds. His in depth knowledge of land law and practice allows means he is adept at identifying real issues and risks which affect property.
Latterly, he acted in the division and auction sale of a large commercial unit for redevelopment, and the leasing and reorganisation of a commercial property portfolio owned by a large UK clothing manufacturer.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Institutional lenders - on a numerous matters such as the refinancing of property for high net worth individuals, undertaking due diligence in the purchase of large and varied property portfolios, and reporting on the suitability of property for securing funding
- Government departments - on negotiation of leases to key service providers and the arrangement of clawback and overage agreements on land sales
- A private Swiss bank - on providing vendor's due diligence sale of their central London headquarters
- A global engineering firm - on reorganising parts of their estate and formalising the arrangements with corporate tenants
- A major overseas investor – in the share purchase of a large UK based manufacturer.