Tim is a partner in the Real Estate group and heads up the Developers and Investors team. With over 30 years' experience in real estate, Tim predominantly focuses on development, in particular residential development, ranging from urban to strategic land schemes. His expertise includes advising developers, local authorities, government agencies, regeneration companies and occupiers on residential, student accommodation, mixed use, office, retail and industrial/warehouse schemes.
Tim’s work regularly includes advice on option agreements, promotion agreements, conditional contracts, overage payments, collaboration agreements, funding, site assembly, disposal agreements and profit participation arrangements.
He also represents investors on high-value transactions.
Tim has had a number of recent articles published in EG on various real estate topics.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Fareham Borough Council and others on the 6,000 home Welborne Garden Village in Hampshire
- The Bournemouth Development Company, acting as lead partner on this public/private partnership delivering town centre regeneration projects
- English Cities Fund on their latest mixed use (hotel/retail/residential) regeneration scheme at Millbay in Plymouth
- Plymouth City Council on a mixed use local centre regeneration scheme at Derriford in Plymouth
- Homes England on a number of strategic acquisitions and disposals across the south east
- Havant Borough Council on its Civic Plaza regeneration scheme
- National housebuilders on many acquisitions across Dorset, Hampshire and Berkshire
- A regional housebuilder providing complete legal support to deliver affordable schemes ranging in size from 15 to 150 units
- A national housebuilder on the North Whiteley major development area in Hampshire
- The Crown Estate on a number of complex and high profile coastal transactions including the Thames Tideway Tunnel "super sewer" project
- Patrizia Property Investment Managers on the real estate aspects of a £165m sale of industrial assets to M&G
- Shopping channel QVC on its relocation to a new headquarters office and studio in Chiswick Park
- On two large-scale student accommodation schemes in Southampton delivering a total of almost 1,500 beds
- On the development, letting and subsequent sale of the 550,000 ft2 Drake Circus shopping centre scheme in Plymouth
- The University of Southampton on the new 120,000 ft2 Lloyd's Register building on the University's Boldrewood campus.
"Formidable practice head Tim Burbidge focuses on real estate investment and development"
"Tim Burbidge is a heavyweight in this practice area"