Samantha specialises in the delivery of residential housing development for clients. She has particular experience in advising developers and housing associations on site acquisitions and advises on option agreements, development agreements, conditional contracts, golden brick agreements, design and build agreements, estate set up and disposals and section 106 agreements.
Samantha has nearly 20 years' experience acting on a range of property transactions and advising developers, national and regional house builders, housing associations and extracare retirement specialist providers. Samantha has also acted for clients in charging/refinancing their developments and has experience in advising developers in relation to their planning agreements with local authorities. Samantha worked for some years as an in house solicitor for David Wilson Homes and Bovis Homes. She currently acts for Taylor Wimpey and Rentplus UK Limited and manages a team of property lawyers specialising in residential development matters.
Samantha hosts external seminars on a variety of site acquisition topics.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Acting for national housebuilder on a 15 year option agreement to provide 1000 homes on a golf course in the Midlands
- Advising national housebuilder on a £22 million acquisition to provide over 200 houses for a residential site in the Midlands
- Acting for a extracare retirement specialist provider in the acquisition of a site from the HCA in Milton Keynes to provide a £40 million retirement village
- Acting for a retirement specialist in the acquisition of a multi million site on Longbridge car factory site in Birmingham
- Acting for a developer in the acquisition of a multi million pound site from the HCA conditional on planning which involved the negotiation of 4 separate overage agreements and legal charges
Samantha “…produces a consistent level of service and industry knowledge”.