Sam specialises in advising various stakeholders in relation to distressed businesses, charities and providers of public services; especially in scenarios with a continuity of supply requirement or which involve complex stakeholder management.
He is a qualified insolvency practitioner (non-practising) and has 18 months' experience in a non-legal banking role within the business support team of Lloyds Bank.
He has particular experience in the education, healthcare and technology sectors.
- the board of a care home operator which was subject to the first ever Stage 6 notice issued by the CQC's Market Oversight Team
- a bank on a restructuring of its facilities and security prompted by a substantial reorganisation of the borrower group's health and social care businesses
- the board of a national group of care homes on their directors’ duties, the restructuring of the group’s facilities and the administration of the group’s parent company
- the buyer of LK Bennett out of administration
- the board of a national, £50m turnover construction company in relation to rapidly evolving financial difficulties arising from a contractual dispute which involved working with the board and prospective insolvency practitioners to manage creditor pressure and formulate a strategy for maximising value for the company's creditors
- a national quarrying and stone processing business (and the administrators of two group companies) on a complex sale which included sales on solvent and insolvent bases. The transaction management required complex stakeholder management with 13 secured creditors with conflicting interests whose consent was required
- a large international clothing supplier in relation to a multi-million pound retention of title claim against a large national retailer.
Market sources comment that he is "Very practical and sensible" with one highlighting his "great customer focus" as a key strength.
Sources state: "He is down-to-earth and understands the banks' position and their agenda. He's got common sense, good legal knowledge and is able to deal with anybody."