Richard works in the Developers and Investors Team and is based in our Leeds office but operating nationally.
Richard has acted for and advised both landowners and residential developer clients on sales and acquisitions of sites for development, including dealing with transactions involving overage, conditional purchase arrangements and phased disposals.
Richard has also acted for a number of commercial landlord and tenant clients in the creation of new tenancies for mixed-use developments and assists clients with ongoing property management work for commercial properties in various locations nationally.
Examples of experience include advising:
- A commercial landlord on a letting of a former industrial premises with a change of use to a leisure facility and extensive landlord's redevelopment work to facilitate the letting
- A residential developer acquiring a green belt site with planning for a bespoke development subject to overage, sustainable urban drainage systems and including advice in relation to the creation and operation of a residents' management company
- Individual owner-occupier clients on a number of sales and acquisitions of leisure premises including public houses (both auction and open market) and guest houses
- A national hotel chain in relation to ongoing property and portfolio management matters
- A family partnership in relation to the sale of a popular city centre guest house as a going concern as part of an asset sale of their business
- A commercial lender on the property due diligence and registration of unregistered land charged as part of a refinancing exercise over the assets of an educational establishment.