Gareth is a member of the real estate department advising on all aspects of commercial property and specialising in energy and natural resources.
He advises on a wide range of energy matters including wind and solar development, and linear cable routes. He has experience dealing with all real estate aspects of renewable energy transactions, including site acquisition and associated infrastructure, sales and purchases, negotiations with landowners and financing projects.
Gareth works for a variety of clients including investors, developers, lenders and renewable energy companies such as Scottish Power Generation, Renewable Energy Systems, REG, Vattenfall and GVO.
He also advises on all landlord and tenant issues including the negotiation of Leases and ancillary documents and ongoing portfolio management. Gareth has worked for a number of public and private sector clients and local charities.
Additionally, he has experience in relation to transport and infrastructure projects, retail and commercial lettings, property investment and commercial finance.
Examples of experience include:
- Negotiating an option agreement to secure a site for a multi-turbine onshore wind development in Wales for RES UK and Ireland Limited, including advising on complex common land and access issues
- The refinancing of a portfolio of wind farm developments for REG Windpower Limited on. This included the drafting and negotiation of Certificates of Title and securing direct agreements from a number of landowners on a demanding timescale. Gareth acted proactively to co-ordinate a number of parties and deliver the necessary documentation on time
- The acquisition of a multi-turbine wind farm development for a managed fund, including property due diligence and renegotiation of existing project documents to ensure bankability of the project
- Reporting on title issues, and preparing and negotiating options and deeds for the grant of easements for the cable route supporting the East Anglia Offshore wind farm together with the negotiation of options and transfers for key site acquisition
- Negotiating and securing options and deeds for the grant of easements for gas and water pipelines serving a gas fired power station development in Yorkshire including advising on land occupation issues and negotiating terms to secure the operation and security of the pipelin