Andrew joined the firm in 2018. Andrew is a solicitor in the Plymouth Recovery+ department, which sits within the firm's Legal Solutions Centre (LSC).
The LSC encompasses a team of embedded lawyers, legal executives, paralegals, apprentices, project managers, data analysts and client co-ordinators. The LSC use flexible resourcing and time-saving technology to deliver a high-quality, cost-effective service for large scale volume projects.
Andrew's key clients encompass sectors such as financial institutions, energy and natural resources and retail and consumer clients.
Andrew has over 27 years of experience as a litigation solicitor. Andrew's role within the team is to use his extensive experience to provide technical supervision and guidance to the team and advice on tactical considerations in order to secure commercially successful results for the firm's clients.
Examples of experience include:
- Supervising a portfolio of debt recovery cases for a major energy company, with claims ranging in value from less than £15,000, to over £500,000
- Supervising actions to successfully enforce judgments by the use of third party debt orders, orders for delivery–up and the seizure of goods, charging orders, orders for sale and the use of bankruptcy and winding-up proceedings
- Acting for a major retailer in the recovery of debts for salary overpayment
- Supervising a team acting for a major financial institution in defending claims being pursued in respect of Payment Protection Insurance
- Supervising teams defending litigated consumer claims being pursued against a major energy company.