Alex is a partner in the corporate finance team.
Alex deals with a full range of corporate finance matters, with a focus on M&A and private equity. He has a sector specialism in insurance and financial services transactions, and transactions in the real estate sector.
Alex also advises on joint ventures, group reorganisations, shareholder arrangements and general company law matters.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Arch Reinsurance Ltd on its acquisition of Barbican Group Holdings
- Arch Insurance Europe on its £31m purchase of Ardonagh's commercial lines business
- Arch Insurance on the Part VII transfer of the insurance business of Arch Insurance (UK) Limited to Arch Insurance (EU) dac
- Howden Broking Group on its acquisition of Medical Professional Risk Solutions
- Canopius on the sale of the majority of its retail or direct-to-consumer business to A-Plan
- Dunedin on its MBO of Acquis Insurance Management
- LDC on its investment into Hybrid
- Puma Private Equity on investments into Dymag, Le Col, Influencer, Ron Dorff, Ostmodern, Connectr and Tictrac
- Rockpool Investments on investments into TrustedHousesitters, House of Hackney, Primrose and Flofuel
- Piper Private Equity and the shareholders of Forthglade on the sale of the company to IK Investment Partners
- Piper Private Equity and the shareholders of Pet Food UK on the sale of the group to IPN (backed by CapVest)
- Management of Martin Audio on their MBO backed by LDC
- Management of Exemplar Healthcare on their MBO backed by Agilitas
- Moorfield on the sale of a logistics portfolio to Carlyle and ARA Dunedin
- Lonestar on its £158m acquisition of Salisbury House to Workspace Group PLC
- NCR Corporation on its £100m acquisition of Zynstra.